GAPearl's Big BREEZE Review! 8 Day Southern Itinerary 9/28/13.

gapearl

Yippee I'm loving your review. So glass I found it this evening! Thanks for taking the time to do it.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Forums mobile app

Hey Pop Tart! Welcome back!

This will never get old and will never stop being hilarious! Lol - you know whoever thought this up felt like a genius! Haha :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Hahaha I bet they did! They clearly weren't from the deep south! :D

Thanx for your Breeze review. Im on a B2B on her next month.:)

Thanks for reading! Enjoy your B2B. Wish I had done the same!

Thanks so much for the awesome review! I also work in the travel industry and always find it tricky if people find out who I work for, so I never tell, ok, maybe not never but I do keep that info close to my chest, lol.

I love that you get to solo cruise, lucky! My future hubby and my kids would not be happy! Closest I get is a girls 1day cruise every once in a while.

Love reading your reviews and checking out your pictures!

LOL you totally know where I'm coming from. I'll tell everyone in the world in person. But the airlines get bashed so much online, and I don't want to receive any of that bashing when I'm just trying to talk about my vacation. haha

I would love to have a hubby and kids to cruise with. I think you're the lucky one! I love going solo, don't get me wrong, but it sure would be nice to have someone special to enjoy it with. :o

Thanks for reading!

I am loving the review. We sail on the Breeze in 24 days. Tell your mom hello. I am also a Memphis native living in Atlanta.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Have a great cruise! I was born and raised in Memphis too. Lots of Memphis people here in Atlanta!

Great job on the review. I'm absolutely loving it and looking forward to the rest of it.

Thank you so much! Keep reading!

Mocha chocolate getaway is my favorite cruise drink, it is soooooo good.

That drink looks different, the ones I've always had has chocolate syrup drizzles in the glass and whipped cream.

It was very good! It did have the chocolate syrup and whipped cream. By the time that pictures was taken, I had mixed it all up together. lol

Looking forward to more!! 24 days until I'm on the Breeze, but, who's counting?!?!??:)

Haha go ahead and count down girl! Almost in the single digits! :D

LOL. I can tell. You are such a great writer!!! :)

Thanks! :)

Great review! Thanks for posting it. The whole time I'm reading it I'm reminicing about our B2B on the Breeze last November. Beautiful ship and wonderful cruise!

I love writing these, not just for everyone else but so I can relive my cruise as well. Thanks for stopping by!

I am truly enjoying your review! We're planning another Breeze vacation next August (I believe it's the August 16th sailing) and I am counting down the days already. I wish that I had done more on Grand Turk but I'll definitely do so this time around. I will also go to Jack's Shack and hopefully get to meet Topher. There was a dog at the port when we docked but I have no idea who he belonged to but someone said that he's always there to greet the cruise passengers. He was so friendly! Anyway, looking forward to the rest of your review.

Are you doing the 8 day itinerary? All you need is 2 hours to see the island. You'll still have plenty of beach time. Stopping by Jack's Shack is a MUST. Skip Margaritaville and go enjoy Jack's incredible jerk chicken!

Are you doing the 8 day itinerary? All you need is 2 hours to see the island. You'll still have plenty of beach time. Stopping by Jack's Shack is a MUST. Skip Margaritaville and go enjoy Jack's incredible jerk chicken!

Yes, we'll be doing the 8 day so I'm definitely going to do a tour this time including Jack's Shack :D

Great review!!!, I was on the Breeze last August when she was in Europe, doing a B2B in 24 days!!

Awesome! Have a great time!

Wish you could have been with me when I went to GT, you really saw a lot of sites and still had beach and Jack time.

I wouldn't mind going again if I had an invite! :D

Okay - I'm interested in the Thrill Theater. Is this something that's on all the ships with the upgrades? I'm going on the Dream next year and hope they have it, sounds interesting.

Nervous breakdown and tears on vacation, GaPearl what in the world...

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the Thrill Theater is on any of the other ships. I think this is new and exclusive to the Breeze. I don't believe it's being added with any of the 2.0 upgrades.

Stay tuned....

Great review so far. I've been waiting for your cruise posting.:D

Thanks for coming by to read! Have you been missing the Breeze since your last cruise? LOL

Hi, Kim!

I've been waiting for this review. I haven't started yet but am really looking forward to it! Thanks again for doing such great reviews.

Thanks so much! I hope you enjoy! Let me know when you're all caught up. :)

Kim, Great review!! We had great time on the cruise and now reliving it through you. We enjoyed meeting you on the ship and Curacao, we found our self in one of your sailaway pictures:D Again loving your review...

So awesome meeting you all too! It was a great cruise! :D I've already cracked open my bottle of blue Curacao lol. Can't wait to see Irie's youtube video!

Really enjoying your review - thanks for taking the time to write this!

Thanks for reading! I see you're sailing the Breeze soon. You're gonna love it! :D

You post such good reviews. Me, my husband, and another couple are going on this same cruise April 2014. So excited to see what happens next... Nervous breakdown???

LOL well maybe I was exaggerating a little about the breakdown part (boy, do I know how to create drama and suspense!). But the tears were real. Stay tuned! :)

Yes, we'll be doing the 8 day so I'm definitely going to do a tour this time including Jack's Shack :D

Right on!

The gift shop.

93b7f177-b727-4417-90e1-09fb0c3c65f0_zpsa8ba8ca3.jpg

Lots of salt.

89456ab8-1101-451b-b99e-da35b48a319c_zpsa6d67a80.jpg

4d7ba70d-084e-4166-89bc-2b40b7bc9635_zps940a3fe6.jpg

fdf8ac6c-dd52-4517-bf86-8656f4e85e1e_zps15d8ffc9.jpg

ff3764cd-a51d-41da-9154-682864f3bffb_zps96110558.jpg

Our tour was about two hours. It was a very enjoyable morning. I got to know a little more about Grand Turk’s history and culture, something I try to always do when I travel. We were the only guests at the first two museums, and only a few people were at the Salt House. I guess no one really knows about these places. If you're heading to Grand Turk soon and would like to get to know the island a little more, be sure to check them out.

I'm so glad you went to these museums....it's EXACTLY what I want to do when we go in April. We were in GT this past February and just stayed at the beach. This time we are there from 11-5:30 and don't want to be in the sun that long. I didn't know about two of the places, just the museum in town. THANKS

It's all about the shoes here!

c5fe1327-edef-4b82-8ee6-6184fce139b3_zps35c97d16.jpg

OMG...I don't do heals, but those shoes are CUTE. Good job on your half marathon. I did one with my daughter (at age 51) and thought I would die. :eek: Now I stick to our Climb for the Cure, which is a 1.5 mile high climb UP our ski mountain....about 7800 ft above sea level.

Haha I went to dig up that picture just for you! The original cornbread post that started it all! :D

Two years later, I say THIS IS STILL NOT CORNBREAD!!!! You can't just put corn on top of bread and call it cornbread. :rolleyes:

DSC09675-1.jpg

Shut the front door! LOLOLOL I.just.can't. :eek::D

Thanks so much for taking so much time to do this review for all of us to read. I am enjoying it. Going on the Breeze in September 2014 and can't wait. Tell your mom to enjoy scrapbooking. I love to scrapbook (lol that is what my name on here is all about most people think it is because I like to fight but no, it is because of scrapbooking) I can not wait to continue reading your review. :)

I'm so glad you went to these museums....it's EXACTLY what I want to do when we go in April. We were in GT this past February and just stayed at the beach. This time we are there from 11-5:30 and don't want to be in the sun that long. I didn't know about two of the places, just the museum in town. THANKS

Wow, I guess great minds really do think alike! I hope you visit them all. You should enjoy them. Have fun! :)

It's all about the shoes here!

c5fe1327-edef-4b82-8ee6-6184fce139b3_zps35c97d16.jpg

OMG...I don't do heals, but those shoes are CUTE. Good job on your half marathon. I did one with my daughter (at age 51) and thought I would die. :eek: Now I stick to our Climb for the Cure, which is a 1.5 mile high climb UP our ski mountain....about 7800 ft above sea level.

Thanks! I saw those shoes and HAD to have them. Congrats on your races as well! I'm thinking of another half marathon next month and it's on my bucket list to run a full marathon next year! :eek:

Shut the front door! LOLOLOL I.just.can't. :eek::D

LOL Guess it's your first time seeing that, huh? haha

Thanks so much for taking so much time to do this review for all of us to read. I am enjoying it. Going on the Breeze in September 2014 and can't wait. Tell your mom to enjoy scrapbooking. I love to scrapbook (lol that is what my name on here is all about most people think it is because I like to fight but no, it is because of scrapbooking) I can not wait to continue reading your review. :)

Thanks for reading! September is a long way off but I hope it comes quickly for you. :)

GREAT REVIEW i'LL BE ON THE BREEZE SEPTEMBER 13TH SAILING WITH MY SISTER, WE HAVE NOT SAILED ON A SHIP THIS LARGE AND AFRAID OF MANY LONG LINES.

There were lines here and there but nothing worse than I've seen on any other ship. It won't be that bad. You'll enjoy the Breeze very much!

:rolleyes:h
GREAT REVIEW i'LL BE ON THE BREEZE SEPTEMBER 13TH SAILING WITH MY SISTER, WE HAVE NOT SAILED ON A SHIP THIS LARGE AND AFRAID OF MANY LONG LINES.[/quote

Oh Becky, I think we will be on at the same time.

Sure do wish I could join you all!

Alright it's Friday!!! I can't wait any longer!!! ;)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

LOL I'm about to head to the gym. When I get back home, I'll be starting on the next installment. :D

GREAT REVIEW i'LL BE ON THE BREEZE SEPTEMBER 13TH SAILING WITH MY SISTER, WE HAVE NOT SAILED ON A SHIP THIS LARGE AND AFRAID OF MANY LONG LINES.

Hey Becky! I will be on that sailing as well. Are you going to join the Roll Call?

Thanks! I saw those shoes and HAD to have them. Congrats on your races as well! I'm thinking of another half marathon next month and it's on my bucket list to run a full marathon next year! :eek:

Great review...looking forward to the rest.

I sailed on Breeze twice this year, doubt I will sail on another Carnival ship until Vista comes out, that's how impressed I was with the ship. Nothing else in the current fleet excites me. Loved the gym,rope course and slides.

As I runner I think you should do a Mary then a Cruise :)

Two great options in south Florida are

A1A Mary

http://a1amarathon.com/event-details/a1a-marathon/

Pancake flat course, small race(3-5,000), but very well organized, usually held early Feb. Great ocean views.

or

Miami Mary

http://www.usroadsports.com/Signature/Miami/

Some bridges, but not too bad,huge race 30-35,000. Usually held last weekend of Jan or First weekend in Feb.

I have done both and hopped on a cruise the same day. Logistically, its challenging, yet I loved it. I boarded the ship wearing my medal lol...There are always a number of cruisers that run,so it cool to spot them wearing race swag onboard or during check in.

Is it bad that I'm not just excited that today 's Friday for the simple fact it's Friday ... but, also because you told us you'd be continuing your review?!

It seems you've mastered the art of leaving us hanging [in the best way possible] and wanting more! I think we're all dying to hear what happens with 'G'.

Geez ... I need to lay off the soap operas. They're messing with my brain. lol

LOVE the shoes! Goes so perfect with that dress. I have to say, you're turning up the fashions on this trip, girl! :)

Thank you! I try. ;)

Great review...looking forward to the rest.

I sailed on Breeze twice this year, doubt I will sail on another Carnival ship until Vista comes out, that's how impressed I was with the ship. Nothing else in the current fleet excites me. Loved the gym,rope course and slides.

As I runner I think you should do a Mary then a Cruise :)

Two great options in south Florida are

A1A Mary

http://a1amarathon.com/event-details/a1a-marathon/

Pancake flat course, small race(3-5,000), but very well organized, usually held early Feb. Great ocean views.

or

Miami Mary

http://www.usroadsports.com/Signature/Miami/

Some bridges, but not too bad,huge race 30-35,000. Usually held last weekend of Jan or First weekend in Feb.

I have done both and hopped on a cruise the same day. Logistically, its challenging, yet I loved it. I boarded the ship wearing my medal lol...There are always a number of cruisers that run,so it cool to spot them wearing race swag onboard or during check in.

I have no idea where I'll be or what I'll be doing in 2016, but I do know I want to book the Vista US inaugural! :p

And get out of my head! Last year, I said I was going to do JUST THAT this year- run a marathon and then take a cruise. And I was going to run the A1A! I booked the Victory 5 night cruise from Miami, leaving the day after the race. Fast forward to this time last year, and I wasn't even thinking about training, so I said forget that and switched from the Victory to the Valor instead. It's a thought for next year though!

I've thought about doing this one too-

http://www.gammcruise.com/

It's an Alaskan cruise and you run so many miles in each port. By the end of the cruise, you've completed a marathon!

Is it bad that I'm not just excited that today 's Friday for the simple fact it's Friday ... but, also because you told us you'd be continuing your review?!

It seems you've mastered the art of leaving us hanging [in the best way possible] and wanting more! I think we're all dying to hear what happens with 'G'.

Geez ... I need to lay off the soap operas. They're messing with my brain. lol

It's coming, I promise! I'm uploading *gasp* 95 pictures as I type this! Will need a little time to resize those and write my next chapter. These pictures will be worth the wait, trust me! :)

Hi Kim...aka gapearl, I am loving your review! as usual. Ok..spill the beans, or did I miss it? I want to see a picture of G.

I am down here in Atlanta. I just got here about an hour ago. My daughter lives in Buckhead, so I am visiting. Left a rainy, cold DC area, and loving this beautiful weather you have here.