Braemar Sold to India?

Sailaway487

Hi! I just read an article that I thought might be of interest to you all. It states that there is a new Indian cruise line planning on starting operations next year, and I think out of the two ships mentioned, one of them is Braemar.

It states that the ships Gemini and Crown Majesty will begin sailing for the liner and be renamed Asian Pride and Asian Song respectively. The article is below:

http://www.livemint.com/Companies/rAMtEHVf1lunlz2heL97NO/Chennai-firm-to-start-cruise-liner-plans-400-million-inves.html

Gemini is currently laid up and is Braemar's sister ship. Crown Majesty is the old name for Braemar.

I found this article as 'so,ton saint' on the Thomson forums mentioned it as it was first thought this might be Thomson Majesty. However, after doing some research, it does seem that it is Braemar that is being mentioned in the article.

Has it been previously mentioned that the ship was up for sale at all?

That's interesting to know, I haven't heard that she was up for sale. We are sailing on her next week to the Med so I will have to ask around.

We like the Braemar, she is one of our favourite FO ships, along with the Balmoral, so it will be sad if she is sold.

Maybe it is another Crown Majesty they are talking about.

Susan

Braemar started out as Crown Dynasty and was the sister ship of the Crown Jewel which is now the Gemini, This pair of ships were the largest cruise ships built in Spain in the early nineties,and sailed for both Cunard and Crown Cruises.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Braemar and Balmoral formerly belonged to Cunard and were named Crown Jewel (now Balmoral) and Crown Dynasty (now Braemar). I cruised on Cunard's Crown Jewel in 1994 to Mexico and will shortly be sailing on Fred Olsen's Braemar (which was sister ship identical to Crown Dynasty) in January down to Cape Verde Islands. Looking forward to seeing what it now looks like with an extra mid section recently added by Fred Olsen. I clearly remember it was my one and only time in an inside cabin shared with my cousin and it was far too small with a tiny wardrobe for 2 ladies!! It was then I vowed never to have an inside cabin again and, even though I am now a widow on my own, I pay the supplement for an outside cabin whenever I cruise. Well worth it to have daylight through the window.

Edited by Flamenco98