SERIOUS Tuxedo Question.....

ozarkseyeguy

I will be wearing a tux. I own one and about the only time its worn is on cruises. I second the thrift store. You will be fine. Its just for a few hours over 2 nights. You will all be looking sharp and you will get some brownie points! :)

Was she also wearing fuzzy Nemo slippers? If so, she may have been the same one who was on my Amsterdam cruise September a year ago. :rolleyes:

Reminds me of a couple I saw several years ago on a cruise. We both had early seating and were at the door when they opened so I saw them every night. Every night they had a different (matching) set of fuzzy house slippers on. Even on formal nights they had slippers, usually something like penguins or panda bears (i.e. black and white) to match their formal attire. They enjoyed it and liked getting noticed. I thought it was pretty cool too.

They said that they had brought an entire suitcase full of slippers, etc.

A tux is nice and ALL men look grand in them. BUT--as we lately have said why bother--I find that the pictures of us with Mom and Dad (wish they were still here!) all dressed up for formal night have gone by the way and into the back of the albums. The informal ones of the four of us and now of the two of us are all over the house and much more enjoyed! The pictures taken by the waiters and waitresses with our camera seem to be the very best!

And remember,you don't want your kids to remember that they were gussied up like a show pony-- All you want for memories are the fun times you have together!

Reminds me of a couple I saw several years ago on a cruise. We both had early seating and were at the door when they opened so I saw them every night. Every night they had a different (matching) set of fuzzy house slippers on. Even on formal nights they had slippers, usually something like penguins or panda bears (i.e. black and white) to match their formal attire. They enjoyed it and liked getting noticed. I thought it was pretty cool too.

They said that they had brought an entire suitcase full of slippers, etc.

He was a regular on this forum, and wrote some of the funniest posts about his travels.

The speculation was that there was a foot problem, hence the slippers. Since the dress code doesn't extend to footwear, probably for that very reason, they were always in compliance---and with a great sense of humor, to boot! :D

He was a regular on this forum, and wrote some of the funniest posts about his travels.

The speculation was that there was a foot problem, hence the slippers. Since the dress code doesn't extend to footwear, probably for that very reason, they were always in compliance---and with a great sense of humor, to boot! :D

Thank you Ruth. I kept thinking the "slipper people" sounded familiar - but couldn't remember seeing them. I realize now that I probably never did see them, just read the posts on CC.

Archived