Upgrade Fairy!

Bob, I have them set for automatic, and the agent even mentioned that but said she wanted to call and be sure before she did anything, as the D1 was on deck 12 and the JS is on 7, and she knows some ppl specifically want to be on as high a deck possible. I told her I normally do, but I'll make an exception! I have debated keeping the preference automatic as I quite often book our favorite D1 aft. However, we received two other upgrades in the past and both times they called our travel agent and "offered" the upgrade. I was surprised they didn't call the TA this time...

Thanks for the feedback Terri. I have our preferences set to have them call us before an upgrade, and I've wondered if that pushes us lower in the priority list.

Log in to your My Cruises account, and select Profile, then Upgrade Preferences.

Do I not have Upgrade Preferences as a choice because I have not cruised with RCCL before? We sail Feb 22 on Oasis....All I have is cruising preferences and onboard preferences.

thanks in advance for any info.

Do I not have Upgrade Preferences as a choice because I have not cruised with RCCL before? We sail Feb 22 on Oasis....All I have is cruising preferences and onboard preferences.

thanks in advance for any info.

I think the cruise preferences are in the Crown & Anchor section, which would require that you be a member and have cruised with RCI before.

The upgrade fairy was very busy Monday. As I waited to board my flight to Barcelona For my 12 nite Med and Greek isles cruise (3 days out) I noticed a voice mail waiting. It was the upgrade fairy. She identified herself as Crown and anchor. Due to my D+ status and that my preferences are set for automatic upgrade they are upgrading me to a Junior Suite.

My daughter said she wished she videoed me listening to the message, it must have been priceless. :D

The upgrade fairy was very busy Monday. As I waited to board my flight to Barcelona For my 12 nite Med and Greek isles cruise (3 days out) I noticed a voice mail waiting. It was the upgrade fairy. She identified herself as Crown and anchor. Due to my D+ status and that my preferences are set for automatic upgrade they are upgrading me to a Junior Suite.

My daughter said she wished she videoed me listening to the message, it must have been priceless. :D

Awesome time for an upgrade:) Enjoy!

I was upgraded on my last cruise from GS to a OS. Nice but the people that got upgraded to my old cabin complained to me all week because all my crown and anchor things kept going to her cabin. She wanted them out!

Can't please everyone!

Received an upgrade call today from C and A Society. Was offered an upgrade

from a L1 Crown Loft to the Royal Loft for our 10-19-13 sailing on The Oasis of

the Seas. Was excited until they said the additional charge would be $4000 for

the two of us. Thus we passed.

Probably one of many that declined, as they Royal Loft is still available.

Excellent! LOL, I was alone when I got the call. I kept quiet all day after that and when DH came to the office to pick me up I started pressing the caller ID backwards until I got to "Royal Caribbean" and I made him look, while I had a big stupid grin on my face. He knew immediately what it meant and asked for details all the way home. :)

• 3 weeks later...
I was upgraded on my last cruise from GS to a OS. Nice but the people that got upgraded to my old cabin complained to me all week because all my crown and anchor things kept going to her cabin. She wanted them out!

Can't please everyone!

OMG, isn't that true. What about you? I'm not complaining about my upgrade, but I was a little upset that receiving the upgrade on Monday for a Thursday cruise, while my cruise docs arrived Wednesday and they gave us what appeared to be the correct sea pass with JS cabin number. However, our keys didn't work. Three times down to guest services and a supervisor finally called over said it kept keying for 9002 (our original room number). She had finally asked if we had been upgrade and then was able to fix it. None of our papers were in the room, no invites, no coupon books, nada. Back to guest services and they brought a plastic bags with all our papers (looks like they went into 9002 and scooped up anything on the table including our coke cans, welcome gifts, even my D+ pin). Now signed up for the meet and mingle so of course didn't receive that invite either. Luckily we knew where it was. On day 4 we signed up for bridge tour which they said we would receive invite the night before. Never happened. Seems most everything for the whole cruise went to 9002. Doesn't appear they assigned anyone to that room.

Archived