My Very First Cruise ( My Photo Review aboard the Carnival Fantasy) Oct 1-6, 2013

Shyhova

For dessert we all had some of the Anniversary Cake...

IMAG0536_zpsaaba4865.jpg

But then I noticed something...

Tonight they had Bitter and Blanc!!! There is NOOOO waaaay I am getting off this ship without saying I tried it...No friggin way...So even though the cake was great...I laid off after a few bites and put in my order...

IMAG0537_zpse95ff976.jpg

MmmH...it actually does start off bitter...But when you hit that pool of dark chocolate at the bottom...mmh mmh mmmh.....

We headed back to the room to relax a bit before the fiesta. It doesn't start till 11:30 so we had plenty of time to kill....This guy was laying in my spot when I got back...

IMAG0539_zpsd753a5ab.jpg

After a bit we got ready to go up on lido to get prime chairs for the party...But before that we went up on Promenade and they was Getting it IN...

IMAG0540_zpsee2bc8f9.jpg

IMAG0541_zpse1e05640.jpg

We made it up to lido and this is what we saw....

IMAG0543_zps9ab9efe6.jpg

What the heck is going on here?!?...It's next to last night...MeXICAN Fiesta night!!!...Where is everybody!?!?...Did we miss something??...I know the party wasn't for another 2 hours but lido was D E A D...At any rate...we found the chairs we wanted and settled in...

IMAG0547_zps0a1afc17.jpg

Things picked up after a while and we had a great time...

IMAG0555_zps779a3703.jpg

They set up the buffet and it was time to FIESTA!!!!!!!

IMAG0556_zps4d0daa67.jpg

IMAG0557_zpsa878f99e.jpg

IMAG0562_zps978e53f4.jpg

IMAG0565_zpsc1f36a04.jpg

What a great Fiesta!!!...The breeze was blowing, the reggae music was rocking and I almost fell asleep on Deck 11 overlooking lido while the GF and Bef's wife were chit chatting...A great end to Nassau Day!!!!!

Up next...Last fun day at sea.....Am I really gonna eat that??........Heaven Cakes....andddd...Shyhova saves the BEST...for Last....stay tunedddddd....

Great review, thanks for posting it. I dig all the humor and honest observations.

Thank You!!!

Little storage area under the TV. If you from NC you know about Duplin wine. I love it, some people don't though. I don't think wine aficianados(sp) particularly care for it, but we love it.

Love Duplin! made from the type of grapes on my granddaddy's farm! Then again, I like the sweet wines.

Me too...I even like my wines tooty fruity LoL!!

Never again will I do the Cupid Shuffle without looking around for a 6'3" black dude with a frozen blue drink! You have made my day! LOL! Love your review! (And I'm from Memphis' date=' not Boise!) LOL![/quote']

Haha!!! That is TOOOOO funny...Thank You!!

did this area have restrooms?

Yes Naomi...right past where the volleyball area were the bathrooms. We never used them because we walked further down and when we asked Khyla were they the closest where we were she said the ones across the street in the hotel were closer. THe people in the hotel were nice and didn't mind us using the bathrooms but I wish we would have just walked back down an used those because crossing that traffic was CUHRAZZYYY...:eek:

Ditto on the tears!

Awesome Review!

You have a great gift of Gab!

Thinking about trying Junkanoo, in Nassau next month. Looking so forward to your take on this.

Thanks so much for your time and effort!

Kudos to You :D

Sent from my VS950 4G using Tapatalk 2

Thank you Salty!!!

Really nice review. Fun pictures and fun writing style. The Junkanoo beach in Freeport was the same place I went to, only as part of an excursion. Nothing says "paradise" like eating fried conch, washed down with a bottle of Kalik, with wind blowing in your face (really keeps the mosquitoes off you), and you still got more than half your cruise ahead of you.

Your description of the gauntlet in Nassau is interesting. I didn't find any street vendors acting pushy. Some didn't even make an attempt to sell me their merchandise. (Maybe because I didn't look like someone who'd readily buy from them.) Well, there was a kid on the street, who looked 16 at the oldest, who tried to sell me drugs. It was a weird interaction: no actual words were spoken, just thumb and forefinger held at the lips, plus a money-counting gesture. I shook my head and kept walking.

Both Senor Frog's bars were really fun. People really partied it up, during the day or at night. Staying in Nassau until 1:00 AM made it even more fun.

IMAG0510_zps9e0a1eb1.jpg

I couldnt stop taking pictures of the Magic lol...I just wanted to tour the ship...I mentioned this to the GF...WOuldn't it be SOOOOO cool if the other cruise lines allowed you to tour their ships while you were in port?? That would be an excursion into itself!!!...Plus, what better way to tell a customer " I know you enjoying your cruise over there, but next time...Try Us!!"....Just a thought...

Too funny...my husband said the same thing about "touring" other ships in port. What was your overall thoughts on Junkanoo? Our son & his cousin didn't like it because there were too many rocks and other stuff in the surf so we didn't stay for long.

Let me just get this out the way before the trolls come out. I know I am a 6'3" black dude and everything but I just don't like beer. I can fruity drink with the best of them though...don't judge me!!! LoLoL

LOL You are hilarious! We are Canadian and neither my husband or I drink Beer. Blasphemy, I know!

I'm so glad I opened up this review. I'm still on the first page, but I just had to post to say I love it!

Edited by MissKIA

IMAG0510_zps9e0a1eb1.jpg

I couldnt stop taking pictures of the Magic lol...I just wanted to tour the ship...I mentioned this to the GF...WOuldn't it be SOOOOO cool if the other cruise lines allowed you to tour their ships while you were in port?? That would be an excursion into itself!!!...Plus, what better way to tell a customer " I know you enjoying your cruise over there, but next time...Try Us!!"....Just a thought...

Too funny...my husband said the same thing about "touring" other ships in port. What was your overall thoughts on Junkanoo? Our son & his cousin didn't like it because there were too many rocks and other stuff in the surf so we didn't stay for long.

WOW!!....How could I forget to mention that? Yesss it is Very rocky...I could see how someone would not like that...but it isn't too too bad in most spots. We ended up playing with them. Idk if I'd go back there honestly....I'd imagine its better spots in Nassau. Thanks for reading my review!!

We're off to Freeport and Nassau next month on the Sensation. Thanks so much for giving me a glimpse of what we are in for. I love that you are thoughtful enough to even give directions to the beaches and little helpful tips about each port. I've already picked out my drink at Senor Frogs and the menus are so enticing. You write incredibly well and draw your audience in like a magnet. So looking forward to the rest of your review. Thank you so much for doing it. You look like a pro!

Thank you...it was a fun trip. You guys will have a blast....drink one for me!!!

LOL You are hilarious! We are Canadian and neither my husband or I drink Beer. Blasphemy, I know!

I'm so glad I opened up this review. I'm still on the first page, but I just had to post to say I love it!

Thanks MissKia!!!!

I LOVE this trip report! I went to New Hanover high school there in Wilmington and my first two years of college. Wish I knew you back then because you would have been a hoot to hang out with!

Our first cruise is in April on The Legend and I cannot wait! My trip report will be no where near as great as this one though!

I LOVE this trip report! I went to New Hanover high school there in Wilmington and my first two years of college. Wish I knew you back then because you would have been a hoot to hang out with!

Our first cruise is in April on The Legend and I cannot wait! My trip report will be no where near as great as this one though!

WOW....another port city peep...you went to wrong school though...Vikings baby!!!!!lol...Thank you!!!

1. I'm in MD but I'm originally from Greensboro, NC..hey homie!

2. subscribed!

3. You have made my night! Love your review! you are hilarious!!!

4. Someone give this man a show on Travel Channel!!

Still LMAO!!!!!

Lol...thanks!!!..you're too kind. Thanks for subbing!! Love my NC peoples!!

Has anyone ever told you that you look like Plies? I'm lovin' your review. I'm literally CTHU! :D

Plies?....lol...that's a first. He looks like Kirk Franklin to me lol. Glad I could give you a laugh!! I hope I can finish this thing soon.

You are absolutely hilarious!!! I am enjoying your adventures on the high seas.

BTW, welcome to our addiction. :)

Thanks travlngrl!!...Yea...I can't wait Togo again...When's the Cruising Anonymous meetings? Lol

Thanks travlngrl!!...Yea...I can't wait Togo again...When's the Cruising Anonymous meetings? Lol

LOL. The Cruising Anonymous meetings are held on the ship. Make sure to check out the Fun Times for the next meeting. LOL

Hey Tawana, nice to run into you again. Glad you were able to get your Dream redo in. I did mine in July & it was a great time.

Hi Brenda, nice to run into you again too. I so enjoyed the Dream and I'm glad that I made the decision to rebook on her. It was definitely worth the wait.

Once back up to the main street...keep right and keep walking....

Once past the Mickey D's...you will probably SWEAR you saw Ronald Mcdonald twerking out front...but it's just an optical illusion lol. The heat is becoming unbearable and it feels like the son is sitting on your shoulder....

Keep straight...and at this point you are probably thinking..." I'm about to turn around and take my happy @zz back to the ship.....I should've hopped in one of those damn Carriages"....But Alas...just when you are about to pick a fight with the next Bahamanian guy you see.......

Ok, at this point I had to put my coffee down because I almost lost it...lol

Thanks for the review...LOVE IT!!