Singles to get Double Points

Anyone who really understands this - please answer this for me???

I am traveling solo in a suite on Oasis for 7 days - So do I get double points for solo, and double points for suite = 28 points?

Debra

You would get 21 points. double for solo and 7 more for being in a JS.

You would get 21 points. double for solo and 7 more for being in a JS.

Thanks - but not a JS....it's a Crown Loft Suite - and prior suites have always been double points? I'm so confused!

I DO always pay double, so from my perspective, it is fair if I am paying for two people.....

So still 21? or 28?

THANKS!

Debra

Thanks - but not a JS....it's a Crown Loft Suite - and prior suites have always been double points? I'm so confused!

I DO always pay double, so from my perspective, it is fair if I am paying for two people.....

So still 21? or 28?

THANKS!

Debra

Crown Loft Suite is the same points as the JS......you would get 21 points assuming it's a 7 night cruise.

Ahhh...nothing to sneeze at!

Edited by CruisesOnMyMind

Crown Loft Suite is the same points as the JS......you would get 21 points assuming it's a 7 night cruise.

Ahhh...nothing to sneeze at!

Definitely nothing to sneeze at!!! LOL:p

My Brilliance of the Seas cruises were in GS - for GS I got double points.

Crown Loft is higher than GS - so I thought it would be the same point value.

Wouldn't it be GREAT if they would issue details of the point system somewhere?

I guess I can always call them, but I often find that you can get two different answers depending who answers the phone....:D

Either way - it will help get me to Diamond +!

Thanks again for your help!

Debra

So still 21? or 28?

THANKS!

Debra

A suite does not get double points, but an extra point per night. It just so happens to be double if you start at one point per night, but the rule is 1 extra point, not double points. This is significant for events like Diamonds in December when another extra point per night was added, making it a total of 3 points per night.

A long way of saying 21, not 28.

A suite does not get double points, but an extra point per night. It just so happens to be double if you start at one point per night, but the rule is 1 extra point, not double points. This is significant for events like Diamonds in December when another extra point per night was added, making it a total of 3 points per night.

A long way of saying 21, not 28.

LOL Thanks Bob!

The thing is- as soon as I understand this and have it straight...

They will change it again!

21 is great!

Debra

Anyone who really understands this - please answer this for me???

I am traveling solo in a suite on Oasis for 7 days - So do I get double points for solo, and double points for suite = 28 points?

Debra

Solo cruisers do not get double points - they get one extra point per night.

So, you get two points per night for being in a suite plus an extra point per night for being there all by yourself. Total points earned = 21.

Actually many solo cruisers will eventually have a significant other. That person will automatically gain the status of their new partner/spouse and may not have even been on a cruise.

But I don't have an issue with it. RCI can deal with any potential problem they are creating.

I just think it would be nice if RCI stuck with a program for a while. The constant changes are hard to keep up with. I used to know the credits needed for each level. I just can't keep the high numbers of points straight anymore. 700 for PC is easy enough but I have no idea what points are needed for any of the other levels.

Gina

Gold is 3 to 29 points

Platinum is 30 to 54 points

Emerald is 55 to 79 points

Diamond is 80 to 174 points

Diamond Plus is 175 to 699 points

Pinnacle is 700 and up

I would almost make you a bet that this is going to happen. Some of the point chasers out there are going to find cruises with a real low single supplement charge and book a room for each person just for the points.

Good for them. I book based on the ship and the itinerary, not based on the number of points I can get.

Good for them. I book based on the ship and the itinerary, not based on the number of points I can get.

Directed at RETNAVY1966...

It was my understanding that if a person booked more than one cabin on the same cruise, they would still only get credit for one cabin.

Edited by CruisesOnMyMind

Thank you MM for the great news about the extra points for traveling solo. I have always fought this battle with RCCL and have included it on any comment card. While I have reached Diamond Plus status and it is along way off to the next level, any point will help in the future. Can we get RCCL send us the upgrade fairy next for our future cruises.

Your advise on these boards have been wonderful. Thank you for this information.

kek17

This is why I'm opposed to it.

Not that in the end I really care.

Gina

Hmmm....for someone who doesn't care, you have posted 28 times in this thread. And a few times in another thread about the same topic. I am sorry that my extra 7 points are so offensive to you. I will call RC and see if they can be removed. By the way, you can't be opposed to something and not care about it at the same time. Have a nice day.

I thought I was reading it wrong on the Crown and Anchor website when I was given 14 points for my Jewel cruise.

That bumped me from Platinum to Emerald!! Whooo hooo! :D I'm looking forward to the 16 points for my Explorer cruise. This is a reason to keep cruising alone.

Thanks RCCL! :D

Edited by Virtopia

Point chasers can buy 4 extra credits/points, as of this moment, for just $28. The Enchantment Nov 4th sailing went on-sale this morning to $119 double occupancy, $133 single. A couple getting two rooms will pay $409.91 vs $381.91 for a single room. Plus we would get double amenities as Diamond plus, ie. four beers, two snack baskets, two wines. Too bad we are already booked on the Freedom that week or else we would have jumped all over this one.

I came back to edit that I forgot: depending on your moral and ethical persuasions, the gratuity amount will be higher with two rooms.

Edited by Tagsalong

Point chasers can buy 4 extra credits/points, as of this moment, for just $28. The Enchantment Nov 4th sailing went on-sale this morning to $119 double occupancy, $133 single. A couple getting two rooms will pay $409.91 vs $381.91 for a single room. Plus we would get double amenities as Diamond plus, ie. four beers, two snack baskets, two wines. Too bad we are already booked on the Freedom that week or else we would have jumped all over this one.

I came back to edit that I forgot: depending on your moral and ethical persuasions, the gratuity amount will be higher with two rooms.

That would be 12 extra points if your talking a couple that normally gets 1 cabin...... 2 cabins, 2 solo's. 8 credits for each person.

That's if RCL will give spouses or people in the same household the extra points. As I understand it, when a family is reserving cabins for their kids they do not get the extra points just because they booked 2 or more cabins.

Edited by ShipRiders

That would be 12 extra points if your talking a couple that normally gets 1 cabin...... 2 cabins, 2 solo's. 8 credits for each person.

That's if RCL will give spouses or people in the same household the extra points. As I understand it, when a family is reserving cabins for their kids they do not get the extra points just because they booked 2 or more cabins.

If they have the same Membership #, they will end up with only 8 points added to the total, not 16.

Not quite sure I understand your math, but it´s 4 extra Points per person.

1 cabin as double = 4 Points per person

2 cabins as single = 8 Points per Person

While it´s 8 extra Points between the two that´s really quite irrelevant, as there´s no combining on Points.

Not quite sure I understand your math, but it´s 4 extra Points per person.

1 cabin as double = 4 Points per person

2 cabins as single = 8 Points per Person

While it´s 8 extra Points between the two that´s really quite irrelevant, as there´s no combining on Points.

2 cabins singles - 8 points per person x 2=16-4=12 net

I was going with Tagsalong's theory.

Edited by ShipRiders