Tendering question

whataboutport

I've been reading that if you do a ship excursion in Belize, many of the excursions will pick you up directly from the ship. No tendering to port, then taking another boat to your excursion. But I also read that if you are doing a ship excursion, those people get the first tickets for the tender. Am I reading about different cruise lines?

We are sailing on Caribbean Princess. We are doing a private excursion to Goff's Caye.

I would say it would depend on your ship and what tour you are taking as to whether or not they pick you up from the ship. We went with NCL to Bannister Island and they picked us up right on the ship and took us over without having to tender to the port first. When this happens, you do not stand in line on the ship to get tender tickets. You don't need tender tickets. Only your excursion ticket. Normally your ticket (which is received in your stateroom ahead of time) tells you what time to meet the group and where (usually the theater or somewhere). You go there and when it's time to leave, they take everyone down to the tender. :)

Archived