Georgetown, Grand Cayman Excursions

Noelle2375

Hello! We are going on the Freedom of the Seas Western Caribbean cruise on 10/27 and we stop in Georgetown, GC. We have two girls, ages 4 and 2. Anyone have any suggestions for good excursions with them? I heard the turtle farm is good but I want to do the stingrays. Are they too young for this? My husband is super paranoid about swimming with the stingrays but I think it would be amazing!!! Any suggestions on other great things to do will be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Hello! We are going on the Freedom of the Seas Western Caribbean cruise on 10/27 and we stop in Georgetown, GC. We have two girls, ages 4 and 2. Anyone have any suggestions for good excursions with them? I heard the turtle farm is good but I want to do the stingrays. Are they too young for this? My husband is super paranoid about swimming with the stingrays but I think it would be amazing!!! Any suggestions on other great things to do will be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Hello -

After much research, I have booked the "Stingray and Island Tour" with Native Way Sports. We have ages from 2 to 70 in our group. I spoke with Sharon at Native Way, and she indicated that the tour is appropriate for the 2 year old. It includes a trip to Stingray City, as well as a trip to the Turtle Farm, "Hell", Tortuga Rum Factory 7 mile beach, and the Governer's House. Now my trip isn't until December - but - most all of the reviews I read for Native Way were great. It is $60, but, our 2 year old is free.

Hope this helps!

Cindy

Thank you! That does help a lot. I am guessing that you pay for it when you get there? There were not many details of that online. Thanks.

Noelle,

This was what Sharon provided in my confirmation email -

There is no charge for your 2 year old. We no longer require that you provide your credit card number to guarantee your arrival, so you are all set! You will pay on our tour boat. We accept cash, Traveler's Checks, MasterCard, Visa, and Discover. If you pay via credit card, you will be charged a 4% processing fee.

Let me know if you decide to book it and take the excursion, since you're going before me!!

Cindy

Noelle-

We are also on Freedom of the Seas - so - let me know what you have chosen in your other ports as well! Looks like we think along the same lines! I'm thinking Chankanaab in Cozumel? Nothing yet in Jamaica, and just a beach day in Labadee.

Noelle,

This was what Sharon provided in my confirmation email -

There is no charge for your 2 year old. We no longer require that you provide your credit card number to guarantee your arrival, so you are all set! You will pay on our tour boat. We accept cash, Traveler's Checks, MasterCard, Visa, and Discover. If you pay via credit card, you will be charged a 4% processing fee.

Let me know if you decide to book it and take the excursion, since you're going before me!!

Cindy

Thank you for the information!!

Noelle-

We are also on Freedom of the Seas - so - let me know what you have chosen in your other ports as well! Looks like we think along the same lines! I'm thinking Chankanaab in Cozumel? Nothing yet in Jamaica, and just a beach day in Labadee.

Hey! I tried to pick excursions that suited the kids as well as us! In Jamaica, we are going to the Hilton Rose Hall. The kids are free and it is all inclusive for adults (food and drinks) for $94 each which includes transport to and from the pier. Good deal. I booked it through jamaica for a day dot com.

In Cozumel, we are doing Beach Day at Playa Mia. It is a waterpark and looks very fun. We chose the deluxe package that includes food and drinks. I booked this through Shore Excursions Group.

We are doing beach day in Labadee as well.

Hope this helps!!

• 5 months later...

Hello -

How was the trip using the Shore Excursions Group?

We are thinking of booking their Stingray City Sail, Snorkel and Rays.

Thanks!

Hey! I tried to pick excursions that suited the kids as well as us! In Jamaica, we are going to the Hilton Rose Hall. The kids are free and it is all inclusive for adults (food and drinks) for $94 each which includes transport to and from the pier. Good deal. I booked it through jamaica for a day dot com.

In Cozumel, we are doing Beach Day at Playa Mia. It is a waterpark and looks very fun. We chose the deluxe package that includes food and drinks. I booked this through Shore Excursions Group.

We are doing beach day in Labadee as well.

Hope this helps!!