My PVP

Coopdog08

i am getting ready to go on my 4th cruise with CCL. Now that the daughter is off to college the wife and I will be able to use our vacation time on cruising more often. We would like to do 2-3 a year. So my question is how do I get a PVP? I have never heard from mine. I understand they can be a benefit to use. Please advise. Thanks.

Just call Carnival as ask for one to be assigned to one. Or hell just sign into your account on Carnival and do a simple search for a cruise... You'll get a call within 24 hours. I can't do a simple search ta answer a question on here without "my PVP" calling me. And I have never used one, I just book my through the site.

Just call Carnival as ask for one to be assigned to one. Or hell just sign into your account on Carnival and do a simple search for a cruise... You'll get a call within 24 hours. I can't do a simple search ta answer a question on here without "my PVP" calling me. And I have never used one, I just book my through the site.

Same here....and use all the "discounts" you can - they do add up (over 55, past cruiser, Alabama resident (or your state), veteran (requires submission of a copy of your DD-214 within 72 hours of submitting your booking).

We've never been called by a PVP, but have had the "upsell fairy" contact us on two different cruises....

I have had the same PVP for years, and I "taught" him not to call me every time I go on the website, otherwise he would be calling me 3 times a week!! :D He knows I will call him when I'm ready to book.

We have been on seven cruises, six with Carnival. We used a TA for all of them. We were interested in booking a cruise for 2015 and I contacted our TA for pricing. She got back with me and the prices seemed a little high. SIL did some checking online and found them to be cheaper. I decided to finally check with a PVP and ask on here how to get one.

I wrote to Carnival through their "Contact Us" form and ask for an experienced PVP. The next day I received an e-mail from one introducing himself. I explained what I wanted and within a few hours, he had gotten back with me with prices.

After several e-mails back and forth, I told him I would get back with him the following day to book. He said that I would have to do it over the phone. The next day I called him and found that he has been there for ten years and was quite knowledgeable.

Our one son was going on a five day cruise on the Victory with another group. We wanted to go on the same cruise but not with that group. Then we decided to make it a back to back. Brother and SIL wanted to do the same. Son decided he also wanted to do the second week but the guy he was sharing the cabin with on the first week didn't. Our other son decided he would join first son on the second week.

We wanted a cabin that the divider would open between us and Brother's.

I was on the phone with PVP for about a half hour. He had it down to a science by the time we were done. He even pulled up son's first booking and told me what cabin he had and who his other passenger was. I was amazed at what he could pull up on his computer.

Not only did he get us booked but he held the cabin for Brother until SIL could call him. I had given PVP their names so when she did call, she said that it was almost painless as all the work had already been done.

I know, TMI but I couldn't believe how much easier it was dealing with a PVP over a TA. I wish I could give you his name.

I think the personal call thing depends on your PVP. A few years ago I always received a call when I signed in to carnival's site to look at options. It used to bug the heck out of me. It's like, "I was just looking at some potential options, I don't need a high pressure sales pitch." Last year I dumped that PVP and got a new one. She must realize I spend a lot of time researching on their site before I go to book because she hasn't initiated contact with me from that activity. We have a good relationship.....I look at the web and then call her when I am close to booking. :)

Sorry to digress, but I do believe if you set up an account at Carnival's site and do some searching, you will likely get an email and/or a phone call shortly thereafter.

I have had the same PVP for years, and I "taught" him not to call me every time I go on the website, otherwise he would be calling me 3 times a week!! :D He knows I will call him when I'm ready to book.

LOL! I just had the same talk with my PVP. after 12 cruises, he better know my name when he calls my number! :D

It would be nice to have one referred to you from someone who's used them for a few years. Not all PVP know what their talking about and will give you wrong info. When you call Carnival your calling a call center with PVP many whom have never stepped foot on a ship so do your homework.

Yes, exactly this. I found my current PVP through a platinum cruiser on my CC roll call. I am very happy with her and have thrown her more business.

Disappointing, as I am on the website daily checking price vs current cruise and searching future cruises and I never get called. Obviously I have an account since I have cruised before with CCL. One last comment, I always check to see if there are any specials specifically for me and I have never seen one, not one. Thanks

This past cruise was the first one I used a PVP and it's also my last! He was pretty useless and apparently he's not there anymore, I've always used an online agency and I'm not faithful to anyone. I know Carnival doesn't allow travel agents to give OBC's other then what Carnival are offering, but I usually use an agency where if you call with a price change anyone there can help you.

I would also be getting multiple calls from multiple cruiselines if they call everytime you go onto their website. I constantly check for price changes, etc. Unless you're very sure and halfway satisfied with the price, you won't book on the first call.

Our PVP seems to be pretty sensitive. For 3 cruises, we booked through her, really luck of the draw when we first booked. She has always been very helpful with whatever we have needed. However, we booked our last cruise while onboard, so we could get the OBC, and when we called her the other night, she pretty much told my DH off. Kept asking him why we booked onboard and so on and so forth. She eventually gave him the information we needed, but she was very touchy about it. I hate to tell her, but from here on out, we are booking onboard to get the OBC.

Archived