What to do with a 6 and 9 year old

MisterMagoo

I have 2 children who will be 6 and 9 soon and am looking for some advice as to excursions that would be interesting for them. My 9 year old is a fairly strong swimmer, but the 6 year old swims like an anchor. Can anyone reccomend good calm (water and people) beaches?

What sites are appropriate for younger kids?

I have been to Bermuda a few times myself, but have never looked at the island from a child's point of view.

One of the nicest things about our recent Bermuda cruise was the beaches that had calm little coves. At Horseshoe Bay, there was a beach with some waves as well as a beach that was as calm as a pool. My five year old really loved the calm cove. She was able to stay in for hours and splash around, and while we watched her closely, we didn't feel like we had to stay on top of her the way we do at a beach with more ewaves. And the other part of the beach, the one with the waves, was lots of fun for my nine-year old who loved to jump the waves. (Horseshoe Bay was closest to our Hamilton stop.) When we visited St. George, we went to Tobacco Bay, also a calm little cove that was nice for the kids to splash around in.

We thoroughly enjoyed the Bermuda Aquarium and Zoo (I posted a review of our trip and it includes the kids stuff we did.) It's perfect for kids, absolutely beautiful and a nice way to spend a couple hours. My two loved the glass bottom boat tour (they got to feed the fish!) and the horse drawn carriage ride.

They weren't as thrilled with the shopping, but we did some of that too!

Enjoy

Archived