Tuesday Sale - Explorer PR for $369 ... 9-day cruise

OK. I decided to beat myself up some more and check out cabin availability. Looks like they are just pushing connecting cabins. Not optimal, but not a deal-breaker. Currently when I run a mock booking, I see they are offering a special rate for Ohio at $799, so the $369 (even at single rate with double supplement) is still a great deal.

I did a little drooling over the transatlantic sales while I was at it ... I still plan to treat myself to one of those as a retirement present.

So does one get the pricing? I'm thinking put courtesy hold on and then call? Or does the courtesy hold represent an existing booking and prevent you from qualifying?

OK. I decided to beat myself up some more and check out cabin availability. Looks like they are just pushing connecting cabins. Not optimal, but not a deal-breaker. Currently when I run a mock booking, I see they are offering a special rate for Ohio at $799, so the $369 (even at single rate with double supplement) is still a great deal.

I did a little drooling over the transatlantic sales while I was at it ... I still plan to treat myself to one of those as a retirement present.

So does one get the pricing? I'm thinking put courtesy hold on and then call? Or does the courtesy hold represent an existing booking and prevent you from qualifying?

Just call. Now. It's Monday.

For future use, a courtesy hold is a booking, so it would be ineligible for a promo that required a new booking. Sometimes you can cancel and rebook, but other times (like WOW sales) they have a look back period where that courtesy hold makes you ineligible for the entire promo.

I am booked on the Explorer for 11/14. We got an awesome deal for $369pp for an inside room and we took Deck 9 all the way in the back. This will be our first time on RCI so if there is any left, is an PR room better than Deck 9 aft? Thank you.

I am booked on the Explorer for 11/14. We got an awesome deal for $369pp for an inside room and we took Deck 9 all the way in the back. This will be our first time on RCI so if there is any left, is an PR room better than Deck 9 aft? Thank you.

It's personal preference. Some prefer a PR room over an inside because they have something to look at out the window. Others prefer an inside because of the darkness and privacy.

I had a PR on the Voyager some years back ... great people watching. I remember at one point we were in the cabin and DD catch side of an impromptu hula hoop contest being staged by the Cruze Comics (do they have this group on voyager class ships anymore?) She dashed down to the Royal Promenade immediately to join in the fun. They are also just a bit bigger than the regular insides.

I had a PR on the Voyager some years back ... great people watching. I remember at one point we were in the cabin and DD catch side of an impromptu hula hoop contest being staged by the Cruze Comics (do they have this group on voyager class ships anymore?) She dashed down to the Royal Promenade immediately to join in the fun. They are also just a bit bigger than the regular insides.

Alas, no, the Cruze Comics are but a pleasant and distant memory...................

Ahhh...I loved the Cruze Comics. They taught my then 8 year old daughter to juggle, and it's a hobby she still enjoys many years later.

When did you book? Are the cabins all gone?

I just ran a mock booking and no promenade cabins came up, so the sale must have been very effective.

Frankly, I've wondered if I have to give up cruising when I retire. And from watching the sales, I have to think that as long as I'm flexible about cabin and itinerary, I can be one of those folks that just takes last minute deals when I don't have to worry about requesting vacation time anymore.

Archived