Oasis - Kid Clubs

I would feel more comfortable if they were in the same club which means my daughter age 9 would be with the younger crowd but I don't think she would care if she could stay with her brother. I'll ask when we sign up. It is not like they are in school when they have the same kids with them daily. They'll be separated with groups of kids they don't know.

I would feel more comfortable if they were in the same club which means my daughter age 9 would be with the younger crowd but I don't think she would care if she could stay with her brother. I'll ask when we sign up. It is not like they are in school when they have the same kids with them daily. They'll be separated with groups of kids they don't know.

I know you want them to stay together, but actually 16 months apart is way too much of an age difference. Besides, think about it this way; if your kids are in separate age groups they each will get to make a new set of friends! And really, if I were to have to stay with a sibling in a younger age group, I would NOT be a happy camper! The 9 - 11 year olds are able (with parental permission) to sign themselves out of AO to participate in certain AO activities (like the scavenger hunt).

I say give your kids a chance to be in separate groups.....I think they both will have a fun time and make their own groups of friends. I think this is part of what a vacation should be about. jmho

yes, I would give the kids an option of taking their different clubs but would also like to be able to keep them together if they didn't want that. I think parents worry more for their kids then the kids worry - at least this parent. Kids adapt better than we think.:)

When you sign them up for AO just explain that you will be putting them in separate clubs but you may want to move the older child to the younger club if things don't go smoothly. They will generally not allow you to move a younger child into the next level age group.

When you sign them up for AO just explain that you will be putting them in separate clubs but you may want to move the older child to the younger club if things don't go smoothly. They will generally not allow you to move a younger child into the next level age group.

Last year I was able to move up my younger child to the 9-11 group. They would not allow me to move my 9 year old down to the 6-8 group. You will have to talk to the AO leaders.

Kids make friends quickly in the kids clubs. The same children tend to show up each day. The counsellors stay the same as well.

Anyone have experience with the kid clubs on the O? I have a 7YO and 9YO. Will they be split up? I would prefer they stay together. Thanks.

If I remember correctly it's called adventure oceans. We were on the away Oasis last year with my son and daughter-in-law and two grandsons. The boys were five and seven. I think they were split up but I'm not sure. They went to the club every day and had dinner with us. After dinner they went back to the club until I think around 10 PM. They actually cried when they came back to us because they had such a great time at the club. I can't say enough good things about it.

Archived