All inclusive drinks.

papcx

I had hot chocolate with Baileys from the bar, on the Braemar, in 2011, so hope they are still doing it :rolleyes: We have free AI for next February and so I presume the Baileys is chargeable and the hot chocolate free :confused:

that's good to hear.

We were on one of the Black Watch cruises affected by Norovirus. Coffee was available in the lounge area outside the restaurant but wasn't self service. I quite often had tonic or soda water with lime in the Lido Lounge and that was in the AI package and if I had a cappuccino then that was 50% off.

I'd forgotten about the sparkling wine which was OK. We were part of a winning quiz team one evening and a bottle of the AI sparkling wine was the prize. What a swizz!

This AI list also includes cocktails in both the 50% discounted section AND the not included section. One of those has to be incorrect.

Both look right to me.

They are not included in the package for free, but you do get 50% off ...

If in doubt ask Fred.

So I did - and fred said:

"Coffee/ tea and hot chocolate ordered in Bars and Lounges is not covered I am afraid. It is simply the standard tea and coffee at the 24 hour stations and served at the end of your meal/ at breakfast time."

Which is a pity, so I will end up drinking the house spirits on the AI rather than hot chocolate.

Both look right to me.

They are not included in the package for free, but you do get 50% off ...

It could just be me being picky, but it seems to me there are three states: included in the AI for free; included in the AI at a 50% discount; and not in the AI; and those three states are mutually exclusive.

I read it more as included or excluded and excluded but discounted :)

So cocktails are excluded from the all-inclusive package, but they are discounted.

Either way, I think it is clear that cocktails are not free but you will get 50% off.

That's as I see it as well.

I cancelled my drinks package when I realised that no hot drinks were included other than the DIY ones which are free anyway. Fred also said that water is only included by the glass rather than by the bottle which is how most cruise lines offer it.

My favourite Pernod and lemonade is also excluded so I couldn't really see the point of having the package. Even with 50% discount on excluded drinks, I'd still have a starting bill of £10.

I cancelled my drinks package when I realised that no hot drinks were included other than the DIY ones which are free anyway. Fred also said that water is only included by the glass rather than by the bottle which is how most cruise lines offer it.

Well, I'll just have to drink more whisky rather than my normal hot drinks in the bars/lounges, and that I assume will be more expensive for fred.

Well, I'll just have to drink more whisky rather than my normal hot drinks in the bars/lounges, and that I assume will be more expensive for fred.

I'd be surprised if the 'inclusive' spirits cost them any more than the coffee :)

They are fine with mixers, but not sure you'd want to drink any of them straight.

They are fine with mixers, but not sure you'd want to drink any of them straight.

As my grandad used to say "you don't drink them for the taste son"

I'll make a comprehensive study of the spirits on the Braemar in 2 weeks time and report back.

QUOTE=Willow1686;40573360]Excellent plan; I look forward to it! Oh, and have a great time on your cruise!

That sounds most useful, I look forward to seeing it.

Make sure you enjoy yourself!

I'll warn you now. There may be some spelling mistakes! Autocorrect goes a bit funny when I've had a drink.

I just found a copy of the details that were provided for the inclusive package on our cruise earlier this year.

Details may have changed of course, but here it is :

From Room service

Orange/grapefruit juice or milk

Tea - Traditional English/Darjeeling, Assam, Earl Grey or Camomile

Coffee - Regular or decaf

All other drinks on the room service menu are chargeable.

From the bars/restaurants

Beers, lagers and cider

Strongbow - 440ml can

Spitfire - 440ml can

Carlsberg Export - 330ml can

Heineken - 330ml can

House wine

Roc D'Opale Red/white/rose

Brunner Sparkling Hock

From Bars only

Boddintons/Stella Artois draught

House spirits - 30ml - Vodka/whisky/gin/white rum/brandy

Mineral - post mix - pepsi/diet pepsi/lemonade/tonic water/soda water

Juices - orange/apple/pineapple/cranberry/tomato

Water - mineral/spring served by the glass

Items not included but subject to 50% discount:

Branded and premium drinks on the wine and bar list including wine purchased in the restaurant

in-cabin bottled water

Cocktails - including cocktail of the day and non-alcoholic cocktails

Excludes - Champagnes, sparkling wines, desert wines, mini bar drinks, specialty coffees, drinks ordered from room service and any goods ordered via duty free or in cabin shopping.

Mark_T

Many thanks for this; I'm pleased to see that the sparkling hock is still there!

I've tracked down a note on the Roc D'Opale house wines from a wine merchant:

'The Rouge is a blend of Grenache for warmth and hedonistic fruit, Merlot for richness and velvety generosity, and Cabernet to provide the essential structure. It is round, fruity and fresh on the palate, full of savoury red fruit flavours.

The Blanc combines Grenache Blanc, Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc, is aromatic and fresh, with notes of citrus and white flowers, with a fine balance and a crisp finish, and the Rose brings the classic southern combination of Grenache and Syrah, crisp and refreshing, and full of summer fruit flavours. We recommend them without reservation.'

There's a good range of fruit juices and I was also happy to note the white rum; it will go with the Pepsi for a downtown version of Bacardi and Coke :)

• 1 month later...
As my grandad used to say "you don't drink them for the taste son"

I'll make a comprehensive study of the spirits on the Braemar in 2 weeks time and report back.

and what conclusion did you reach? assuming you can remember :)

and what conclusion did you reach? assuming you can remember :)

I honestly can't remember. I either

i) drank to much, or

ii) didn't try the spirits. :)

No we didn't try the spirits, but plenty of others were, so they can't be too bad.

• 4 weeks later...

We sailed with the Balmoral to the Carribean and back last Nov/Dec and took the package. We found their table wines to be OK and unusually for me I enjoyed the White and Rose' to the Red. Stella on draught and Spitfire canned ale were the only beers and they were fine. A friend was not on the package and the Spitfire then came in a bottle. The Gin was not complained about and came with either canned slimline tonic or from a pump. The other spirits I tried was their whisky and rum.

As far as I am concerned it was very good value for money. I am doing another month cruise later this year with Fred but have not signed up for the package yet as I prefer not to drink every day, but I expect I will spend a lot more and probably drink every day.

• 2 weeks later...

Just off Braemar and had £10 AI. DH ordered a coffee at the Marquee Bar and was charged 75p (50%) although he did get a free biscuit. No coffees and teas and I presume hot chocolates are included in AI if ordered in a bar - bit niggardly we thought as it is the same coffee which is on tap 24 hours a day in the Palms Cafe. Other than that it was an excellent cruise with superb food and the AI wines were very good. Had the house vodka and gin and they were fine. Also had OJ and cranberry juice.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Dorset Cruiser

We're interested in the Norway cruise out of Rosyth in late July - the port is "just up the road" for us, so very convenient.

We've not sailed with FO previously so I thought I'd call them to enquire about the drinks package, as I'm somewhat fussy about beer.

My heart sank when I heard Boddingtons being mentioned, however that was entirely forgotten when the young lady advised that Spitfire was included.

I was a bit bemused reading the website to see that Edinburgh was the starting point.

Somebody at FO must be geographically challenged in respect of the Firth of Forth !!!

:)