Price drops after final payment

ToAdam12

Wait, if you're not military, and you're ES and notice a military rate is cheaper than yours, you can get that rate?

No, you would not get military rate if someone in your cabin is not active military or veteran.

However, if you are ES and qualify for military rate you can price drop to that rate.

We booked ES and price dropped several times - F & W, PG sale & 3 times matching to Military. However, we're still ES.

You also have to be careful with taking upgrades. Many reports on these boards where people book ES..They find a price drop and take an upgrade. They are re-booked under a different rate code, thus losing their Early Saver.

The rules have been: you must book Early Saver (not Super Saver) in order to get price adjustments/OBC after final payment date and up until 2 days before sailing.

It will be interesting to see what happens now that there no longer seems to be an Early Saver option......

Early Saver is still available for 2015 cruises.

It will reappear after sales are over.

You also have to be careful with taking upgrades. Many reports on these boards where people book ES..They find a price drop and take an upgrade. They are re-booked under a different rate code, thus losing their Early Saver.

Once you are early saver, you are always early saver. No way out of that. No matter what rate you match to, your starting code is ES.

I think those reports are from people who don't understand ES. Also those stories pop up from time to time from CCL reps who don't understand how ES works also.

Bill

It's not that they are not following there own rules. In a large company such as carnival they go with the many vs the few. Which it's easier for CCL to give someone like me a $50 OBC vs giving everyone the same thing. I work for a huge company and we make these "one time decisions" in the end everyone is happy. It makes from a corporate point if nothing else just for this reason. One unhappy person will tell on average 6-10 people. One happy person may only tell 0-5 people. In the end it's better business to to try and make the few people who have issues with the price drop.

totally yet respectfully disagree. For starters, you seem pretty happy. And I'm quite sure you've told more than 0-5 people.

Ok, another question: if your cabin type stops appearing on the Fareviewer, does that mean it's sold out and impossible to go any lower?

Yes it means it's sold out or that category is otherwise unavailable for booking. But as most here who watch for price drops will tell you, still keep an eye out. If someone in your category cancels or changes rooms, it will be open again and you can possibly catch price reduction.

Unfortunately a move or an upgrade are your only options. They have gotten very strict about enforcing the final payment due date rules.

It might also interest some to know that even if you paid off your cruise prior to the actual due date and then the price drops they still won't give you an OBC, they refund the credit to the card you used to pay for the cruise.

According to a PVP that I used recently this is a new twist.

Not sure why this should matter? I'd rather have the cash back anyway. If you want OBC prior to boarding, you can always just apply the refund to cruise cash.

totally yet respectfully disagree. For starters, you seem pretty happy. And I'm quite sure you've told more than 0-5 people.

Correct but how many people will call up and take the no or take carnival moving there cabin. I was persistent. It has to do with looking at the macro vs the micro.

Archived