Price drops after final payment

ToAdam12

So I have monitored the price of my cruise I like a hawk. Especially after the CCL website put an extended balcony for the same price as I was paying. (Missed the boat on that) but I feel cheated some how that it is cheaper now that what I paid I called in and the only thing I was told that I could be offered was them moving me same deck to mid ship. But that would put me right under the lido deck and to be honest I like my cabin placement. I said that all I wanted was OBC but they couldn't offer it to me. Now I am asking all off CC peeps. Should I call back and make a big deal of it? Or should I just say whatever and move on. Anyone have any suggestions or thoughts?

Unfortunately a move or an upgrade are your only options. They have gotten very strict about enforcing the final payment due date rules.

It might also interest some to know that even if you paid off your cruise prior to the actual due date and then the price drops they still won't give you an OBC, they refund the credit to the card you used to pay for the cruise.

According to a PVP that I used recently this is a new twist.

Unfortunately a move or an upgrade are your only options. They have gotten very strict about enforcing the final payment due date rules.

It might also interest some to know that even if you paid off your cruise prior to the actual due date and then the price drops they still won't give you an OBC, they refund the credit to the card you used to pay for the cruise.

According to a PVP that I used recently this is a new twist.

We just had a price drop this week after final payment and received a on board credit.

Prior to the final payment the amount due was decreased.

We just had a price drop this week after final payment and received a on board credit.

Prior to the final payment the amount due was decreased.

I assume you booked ES to get the price drop as OBC after final payment?

So here's the play by play. Called twice today. First time the supervisor I spoke with was extremely rude and callus. So I hung up and called back and explained that I knew that the only thing that they could offer me was a cabin switch. I said if there was anything and I mean anything else that could be offered. I even said I would be willing to take a picture comp. The regular call handler not a super visor said hold hold let me check on something. After about 5 mins came my favorite words were spoken. OBC yes sir!!! I was given a $50 OBC. I was never rude or yelled. I just kept explaining myself and found some solution. So I am once again loving Carnival. Not that I didn't love them before.

So here's the play by play. Called twice today. First time the supervisor I spoke with was extremely rude and callus. So I hung up and called back and explained that I knew that the only thing that they could offer me was a cabin switch. I said if there was anything and I mean anything else that could be offered. I even said I would be willing to take a picture comp. The regular call handler not a super visor said hold hold let me check on something. After about 5 mins came my favorite words were spoken. OBC yes sir!!! I was given a $50 OBC. I was never rude or yelled. I just kept explaining myself and found some solution. So I am once again loving Carnival. Not that I didn't love them before.

That's great! If my price goes down, maybe I will try the same thing!

That's great! If my price goes down, maybe I will try the same thing!

the problem is they dont follow their own rules so people come to expect something they are really not entitled to.

Strange way to run a large business. Cant blame people for asking for obc though.

I still find this confusing.... we booked ES and are paid in full for our 8A January cruise (final payment is not due until 10/28).

Last week, I noticed that 8B and 8C were the same price we paid for our 8A. I did also find an 8A (forward only) for less than what we paid. The 8A (aft) are now more expensive. To me, an 8A is an 8A, regardless of location. Thus, should I put in for a price reduction?

I got to the board to late this morning, but If I saw your origianal post I would of advised just hitting the phone. 2 reasons: 1) Business 101 "you will not get anything unless you ask and sometimes borderline beatch. 2) More times than not squeaky wheel gets the oil.

Glad it worked out for you.:)

I still find this confusing.... we booked ES and are paid in full for our 8A January cruise (final payment is not due until 10/28).

Last week, I noticed that 8B and 8C were the same price we paid for our 8A. I did also find an 8A (forward only) for less than what we paid. The 8A (aft) are now more expensive. To me, an 8A is an 8A, regardless of location. Thus, should I put in for a price reduction?

Yes!

Did the new sale start since the last time did you checked the pricing? Since the last sale started the prices have gone up on everything but give OBC that really makes the prices the same.

Bill

the problem is they dont follow their own rules so people come to expect something they are really not entitled to.

Strange way to run a large business. Cant blame people for asking for obc though.

I agree with you on this. Even if early saver is gone for good, unless they changed the rules so other types of rates can get a price drop or OBC after final payment date, then indeed they aren't following their own rules. Price drops are nice when you get them. But I would have missed out and not even asked for it since I would expect Carnival to follow the policy of the rate I booked, which for me is never early saver.

I agree with you on this. Even if early saver is gone for good, unless they changed the rules so other types of rates can get a price drop or OBC after final payment date, then indeed they aren't following their own rules. Price drops are nice when you get them. But I would have missed out and not even asked for it since I would expect Carnival to follow the policy of the rate I booked, which for me is never early saver.

It's not that they are not following there own rules. In a large company such as carnival they go with the many vs the few. Which it's easier for CCL to give someone like me a $50 OBC vs giving everyone the same thing. I work for a huge company and we make these "one time decisions" in the end everyone is happy. It makes from a corporate point if nothing else just for this reason. One unhappy person will tell on average 6-10 people. One happy person may only tell 0-5 people. In the end it's better business to to try and make the few people who have issues with the price drop.

I just called and they told me since we were military rate we could not get the price drop. We are passed our last payment date. Only if you are Early Saver. I thought we were but according to the operator: early saver is different from military completely.

It's not that they are not following there own rules. In a large company such as carnival they go with the many vs the few. Which it's easier for CCL to give someone like me a $50 OBC vs giving everyone the same thing. I work for a huge company and we make these "one time decisions" in the end everyone is happy. It makes from a corporate point if nothing else just for this reason. One unhappy person will tell on average 6-10 people. One happy person may only tell 0-5 people. In the end it's better business to to try and make the few people who have issues with the price drop.

And 0-2 persons will post it on a webforum and get everyone "excited".:rolleyes:

Archived