Private guides in Australia & New Zealand

eabrams

I am traveling to Australia and New Zealand by cruise ship, and I would prefer to hire private guides in the ports.

Anyone have any recommendations for Auckland to Sydney and also in Cairns?

I am traveling to Australia and New Zealand by cruise ship, and I would prefer to hire private guides in the ports.

Hi,

I live in Tauranga New Zealand and can help out with some recomendations for some of your ports at least.

Probably easiest if you contact me direct on tim@timstours.com

Cheers

Tim

Hi, pleased to hear you are coming to NZ [we are also in Tauranga, which is on the East cost of the North Island] and would be pleased to help with your private tours etc. You can reach me at ianjohnholroyd@yahoo.com or post here and i will get back to you. You can normally expect a much better deal with a local independant operator, will have a more personal service and go places that the large ship organised tour buses just cant do. To see what there is to do go to the local toursit information site at www.bayofplentynz.com or try www.mctours.co.nz which also gives you some great local info.

Off to Hobbiton tomorrow [just over the hill from here in Matamata] to see what the LOTR movie set is looking like for this year. Just one of the great things to do in this region, so with all the options in Rotorua, just a 60 minute drive away you are sure to have a fun filled day here in Tauranga.

• 3 weeks later...
We are travelling on Silver Seas on Jan 5th. What do your tours include? Thanks, EA

Hi EA, not sure if your post yesterday was directed at me or MPVinBoynton. If you look down the postings you will see our earlier comments which may help. Mike will no doubt be responding to you as well. Hope the trip planning goes well.

eabrams,

I assumed you were asking Ian or Tim. Since we are using Ian, he could probably answer a lot better than me.

Hi again Eabrams, As we are not allowed to openly promote our tour business [we would be going against the sites guidelines and would risk having our knuckles rapped again] we can only ask that you get one of the other members [such as MPVinboynton maybe] to pass on any information they have, or you will just have to do some web sleuthing. There is a good general site for info here in Tauranga at www.bayofplentynz.com where you will find a whole range of activities and tour companies [there, i am even helping my competitors] so you can check them all out to see what best suits your needs. Hope that is some help, sorry we could not be more specific. Regards ian.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived