Questions

pls5286

Hi everyone! My husband and I went on our first CCL cruise in July and had a good time in spite of the rain every day. We have decided to try to take our 3 kids (DS 16, DS14, DD10) during winter break in Feb. I have several questions.

1. DS 14 is Autistic. He cannot be left to check himself in and our of children's activities or he will end up trying to drive the ship or something to that nature. We went on RCCL last year and the youth services let the 2 youngest kids hang together in the kids' club. The kids are on about the same level mentally. Will Carnival allow this? We have to know where he is at all times. The kids club was the only time he was away from DH, DS16, or me. DD does translate for him because of his speech problems as well.

2. Will we all be able to have the same muster stations. I have multiple health issues, the least of which is a knee unable to do stairs due to a re-injury. Add that to 4 mini-strokes and you don't want me to walk extended distances. If we do not have the same muster, it would be difficult for DS16 to get his brother and sister to the muster station AND keep DS14 occupied.

3. Do any of the ships have an unlimited internet package. My hubby and I are both students and will be in school during this trip.

4. How are the older teen programs? My DS16 really enjoyed the teen club on RCCL and really came out of his shy shell and had a great time.

Thank you!

On the Carnival site at the bottom of the page there is a link to "Special Needs". I think if you call them directly and talk with someone there you would get your answers to your questions. That's what they are there for...to help their passengers.

Hope everything works out for you and you all have a great cruise.

Hi everyone! My husband and I went on our first CCL cruise in July and had a good time in spite of the rain every day. We have decided to try to take our 3 kids (DS 16, DS14, DD10) during winter break in Feb. I have several questions.

1. DS 14 is Autistic. He cannot be left to check himself in and our of children's activities or he will end up trying to drive the ship or something to that nature. We went on RCCL last year and the youth services let the 2 youngest kids hang together in the kids' club. The kids are on about the same level mentally. Will Carnival allow this? We have to know where he is at all times. The kids club was the only time he was away from DH, DS16, or me. DD does translate for him because of his speech problems as well.

2. Will we all be able to have the same muster stations. I have multiple health issues, the least of which is a knee unable to do stairs due to a re-injury. Add that to 4 mini-strokes and you don't want me to walk extended distances. If we do not have the same muster, it would be difficult for DS16 to get his brother and sister to the muster station AND keep DS14 occupied.

3. Do any of the ships have an unlimited internet package. My hubby and I are both students and will be in school during this trip.

4. How are the older teen programs? My DS16 really enjoyed the teen club on RCCL and really came out of his shy shell and had a great time.

Thank you!

We have a very similar situation. Our DD was allowed to stay in with our other DD, however, we had to contact the ship ahead of time. They also arranged a special time on the first day for just our family to meet the Camp staff

They were great with her

Also do a search on CC for ideas for your DS14. Look on the Carnival, Disabled and Family boards. Also Autism on the Seas is a wonderful online resourse. They will help you even if you did not book thru them.

Archived