Number of Dress Up nights on Breakaway?

LuvTheSea14

Sailing on Breakaway on Sunday! Trying to start packing 😬. I know it is Dress Up or Not, but are there two nights people dress up or one? Thanks. I have been so excited since seeing the Breakaway sailing down the Hudson during the Jets game. Hurry up Sunday!!

Sailing on Breakaway on Sunday! Trying to start packing . I know it is Dress Up or Not, but are there two nights people dress up or one? Thanks. I have been so excited since seeing the Breakaway sailing down the Hudson during the Jets game. Hurry up Sunday!!

You didn't specifiy the itinerary of your cruise, but I'm assuming it is a 7-Day cruise.

If that is the case, the following applies:

The number of nights you can Dress Up if YOU want to: SEVEN (7)

The number of nights that NCL will ask you to Dress Up: ZERO (0)

The number of times you will encounter a venue/event on board that will require you to be Dressed Up to attend: ZERO (0)

The number of times that you will be turned away if you are not Dressed Up (but still "resort casual" or better): ZERO (0)

The old "Dress Up or Not" has gone by the wayside as people learned that it really has no meaning since each and every single night has the exact same dress code. They tried replacing it with a "Norwegians Night Out" party, but again having an event about dress when there is no dress requirement basically just fizzled out.

This is what I found, here on CC....

Norwegian Breakaway Dress Code

Casual dress is the norm for Breakaway, as that's what Norwegian's Freestyle cruising is all about. Though passengers are encouraged to "dress up" one night (e.g. suits for men and anything from cocktail dresses to gowns for women) for pictures, maybe 25 percent do.

I sail in three weeks and am already packed! I have packed one outfit for "dress up" night. I never have a chance to do that at home. So, I will be part of the 25%! I hope you have an amazing cruise!!! :)

Archived