Pride review Sept 29,2013

torcruise

This is my first time doing a review so I hope you like it!

Since my husband could not make it to the cruise, I decided to go anyway with just my DD(3) We went on the Pride out of Baltimore, sailing to the Bahamas stopping in Nassau and Freeport.

Since we live in Baltimore close to the port, we just called for a cab the night before to pick us up at 11am. It was a $20 cab ride so I thought that was the best thing to do.

P9280002_zpsb5ddbaed.jpg

We had FFTF, so were able to get on the ship really quickly once they stared boarding. The ship was late so we did have to wait.

once on board we ate lunch at the buffet, Bella was excited to finally be on the big boat!

P9290003_zps9a73c6fd.jpg

We went to our room right after lunch and it was ready! except for the plastic bag I found in one of the cabinets

P9290008_zps4ea67d3b.jpg

We had ocean view room 1228, Rivera deck in the middle. I was very surprise at how big the room was.

P9290017_zpsc211ef76.jpg

DD had her bathing suit on under her clothes so we decided to go to the pool while we wait for our luggage

P9290052_zps9e2a6e25.jpg

She had the pool to herself for a long time

P9290053_zps3e0641bd.jpg

Love the pics! Especially the one where you actually got a shot of her in the air off the bed! We live in Balto County and are going on the Pride in Jan for the 7th time. We will definitely miss her when she leaves. I hope you post more of the trip.

After about 1 hour in the pool, we went back to the room. Our luggage was there so I ordered room service and started to unpack

P9290067_zps0bcd7456.jpg

Room service is my biggest compliant about my trip. My DD is 3 so she takes naps, and needs breaks a lot, so we spent some time in the room. I ordered room service everyday. Most of the time it came without utensils or the wrong utensils needs, ie no spoons for cereal. I complained after the 3rd day. And was taken care of better, and even had the manager visit my table at dinner to apologize.

End of first day

P9290069_zpscffa208c.jpg

After the first day, we were having so much fun that I forgot to take pictures!

DD sent a lot of time in Camp carnival and the pool on sea days. She loved Camp and would often ask to "go to school"

P9300078_zps33e57a1d.jpg

Next time I will bring more then 1 bathing suit, my suit did not dry completely over night.

On sea days I explored the ship, went to the great comedy shows. I loved the staged shows also.

P9290018_zps72ef2511.jpg

Our first port was Canaveral we went to Magic Kingdom! We booked this thought the cruise line. I was happy we did because it was so simple. this was DD and my first time at Disney

PA010096_zps9cadcfda.jpg

PA010125_zps4a437939.jpg

Our 2nd port was Nassau, we booked our dolphin excursion at Blue lagoon thought the cruise line, but they sent a letter to our room stating that because of low sales the excursion was cancelled! After much thought decided to try to still go, just on my own. It was easier the I expected. I just got off the ship and asked at the visitors desk for the tour. The lady helped me book the excursion and told me how to get there. We did a bit of shopping. then headed off to play with dolphins!

PA030197_zps9e5f6497.jpg

Blue Lagoon dolphin excursion was the best. the dolphins were all rescues or were born there. the lived in a huge lagoon and not in tanks

PA030204_zps8c6303cc.jpg

The island was peaceful and beautiful. I wish we had more time there

PA030221_zps30cce447.jpg

PA030238_zps99ca89fd.jpg

Our first dress up night. We loved doing this and getting our pictures. I spent most of my budget in pictures

>e0d3c.jpg

Second Dress up night

dress_zpsec7be77b.jpg

I wish I had more pictures of food but I really was unimpressed by the food in the dinning room or buffet. I did go to the steak house and did the chefs table

The food there was excellent!

chef_zpsa4b25a1d.jpg

I did visit the spa twice on Freeport day. Since we only got off the ship for a hour to look around at the shops. I was happy with the service at the spa, and the great deals they give on port days.

the last night I decide to let Bella stay in camp till late, the have a program called "Night Owl" I went to all the shows and even stop by the dance clubs.

P9290070_zps4dfec80d.jpg

The next morning we slowly made our way to the dinning room to have breakfast. We were in no hurry to leave :D

Because of FTTF we were able to get off a soon as we were done breakfast.

There were plenty of cabs lined up, so we hoped in one and took the short ride home

Pros:

FTTF

Camp Carnival

Comedy Shows

watching Karaoke

Blue lagoon

chefs table

Cons:

room service

food in buffet and dinning room

Kiddie pool was never open

please ask questions if you have any!

your pictures are awesome and your daugther is so pretty, my sister and I will be on the pride october 27th. 1st time cruiser. am very excite i just don't want to overpack. but i know I will and i really want to stick to budget. am praying the weather will be great. am really excited that i don't have to be brother with taking a airplane. am 15 minutes from the harbor. Once again great pictues I hope my sister and I will have just as much fun. working on my halloween costume now:o

your pictures are awesome and your daugther is so pretty, my sister and I will be on the pride october 27th. 1st time cruiser. am very excite i just don't want to overpack. but i know I will and i really want to stick to budget. am praying the weather will be great. am really excited that i don't have to be brother with taking a airplane. am 15 minutes from the harbor. Once again great pictues I hope my sister and I will have just as much fun. working on my halloween costume now:o

Sounds like fun! Please post how the weather is!

the last night I decide to let Bella stay in camp till late, the have a program called "Night Owl" I went to all the shows and even stop by the dance clubs.

P9290070_zps4dfec80d.jpg

The next morning we slowly made our way to the dinning room to have breakfast. We were in no hurry to leave :D

Because of FTTF we were able to get off a soon as we were done breakfast.

There were plenty of cabs lined up, so we hoped in one and took the short ride home

Pros:

FTTF

Camp Carnival

Comedy Shows

watching Karaoke

Blue lagoon

chefs table

Cons:

room service

food in buffet and dinning room

Kiddie pool was never open

please ask questions if you have any!

We live in MD as well. I have always considered cruising from Baltimore. Was the Port easy to navigate? We are thinking of booking Grandeur of the Seas from Baltimore. Your little girl is a beauty! Thanks for sharing with us!

I LOVE the matching dresses!!

What time was it that you ordered room service in embarkation day. I'll be excited if we can get it before muster. We also have FTTF and I would love to be pun packed before sail away. And room service would help occupy the kiddos!

Good for you for sticking it out with Blue Lagoon! We booked the Sea Lions through our cruise line and its one of the most fun we have ever had on an excursion! We loved BL so much, we are going back in May. (our itinerary allows us to stay until the 4pm ferry and shop a bit after.) People that are down on Nassau have clearly not been to BL. Its definitely one of our favorites.

Thanks for the photo of the inflatable park! I was looking for one.

And wow! You got to experience Disney Magic! Good for you!

Thank you for sharing your trip. You and your daughter are both beautiful. What a special time you had together.

We are going on the Pride for the first time on its last cruise from Baltimore, Nov. 30, 2014. I'm looking forward to being able to make the short drive from Delaware instead of flying to FL to cruise.

May you and your daughter have many more wonderful adventures.

I LOVE the matching dresses!!

What time was it that you ordered room service in embarkation day. I'll be excited if we can get it before muster. We also have FTTF and I would love to be pun packed before sail away. And room service would help occupy the kiddos!

I don't remember the time but it was before muster, have fun

Good for you for sticking it out with Blue Lagoon! We booked the Sea Lions through our cruise line and its one of the most fun we have ever had on an excursion! We loved BL so much, we are going back in May. (our itinerary allows us to stay until the 4pm ferry and shop a bit after.) People that are down on Nassau have clearly not been to BL. Its definitely one of our favorites.

Thanks for the photo of the inflatable park! I was looking for one.

And wow! You got to experience Disney Magic! Good for you!

its so beautiful there, Next time I hope to get an itinerary with more time there. I think if we every cruise there again I we will see the sea lions. I'll book it myself next time cause it was so easy to get there.

Archived