Extra baggage allowance

StLucia

It has always been the case that you couldn't take extra weight and pay for it. Even though it says you can on the Thomson and Thomas Cook websites because the planes are chartered by P&O the rules are made by P&O. I did read on another website someone saying you could do this but I think they may be going by what's on the airlines websites.

It would be interesting to know from someone who has been on a P&O charter and has been able to pay for extra weight. We are going to the Caribbean for a month next year and I'd certainly be willing to pay for an extra case. Until I read that someone has actually done this I will assume it can't be done.

We have managed to do this twice with Thomsons. Can't remember how much but it was very difficult to get through to a person in the flight dept at Thomsons who actually knew how to do it. It took many phone calls and we only persevered because another person on the cruise had managed to do it.

However I have recently read that this is going to be allowed by PO and prices were quoted. Sorry again can't remember how much. I am sure I read it in the magazine they have just put in all of the cabins. Wait for the next Our World magazine and the details will probably be in there.

Sue

Have those of you flying to the Caribean on Thomsons and Thomas Cook been given the option to buy more hold baggage allowance? If you have do know how much it costs.

Thank you.

Hi, I looked into this as we will probably need to buy more (I like to be sure I get no fuss at the airport!). I called Thomas Cook but I was too early to buy extra allowance, whatever that means. Anyway from memory the costs were £20 for 5 kg, £40 for 10 kg and £52 for 20kg. I am happy to be corrected on these figures; just accessing my 3-week old memory bank!

Hope that helps.

Archived