Dancing on the Cruise?

Chevdiver

I see you are going on the Explorer of the Seas...and it has both! There is a nightclub, The Chamber which tended to be a 30ish crowd the week we sailed. Also there were ballroom dancing lessons 4 of the 7 days! I think that the jazz lounge had dancing most nights too, and I know there were at least two dance parties that were "themed".

The Norwegian Dawn had the best entertainment I've seen over my years of cruising. They had a fantastic band from the Phillipines. No matter how tired I was, I would drag myself to see them every night in the Spinnaker Lounge. It was a large room with plenty of dance floor. Each evening had at least an hour of music dedicated to one decade between 1950's and present. There were other smaller clubs on the Dawn, but I really liked the large Spinnaker Lounge for dancing because it never felt overcrowded. I also enjoyed watching Kareoke in one lounge every night.

In March we sailed RCI Legend of the Seas, and couldn't breathe because the Viking Crown Lounge didn't have enough room for everyone to dance. I was amazed that LOS used their largest room for ballroom dancing--which was pretty empty most nights. They should have switched rooms. LOS only had kareoke a couple nights--which really disappointed me.

I enjoy Carnival ships because they have Kareoke for a couple hours every night in their main lounge. Then they open it up for dancing so there is plenty of room without bumping into people.

Archived