Private Tours - Martinique, Grenada, St Lucia, St Vincent

jeanaa

Is there a separate thread for St Vincent - looking for ideas of what to see?

No, there is not a separate thread for St. Vincent. I would suggest to check out a roll call that has St. Vincent on thier itinerary. You could talk to those folks about what they are planning to do there and also communicate with them upon thier return. I have St. Vincent as a port of call on a Princess cruise next March (06). When I begin to plan my excursions, that is how I will research St. Vincent.

• 2 months later...

Matrinique is very expensive (think Paris in the Caribbean); Grenada has been devastated by hurricanes and looks like a war zone; St. Vincent was used by our ship (Sun Princess, Mar 05) for refueling only, really nothing there to do or see. St. Lucia was fun - we got a cab and asked him to take us to Reduit Beach. Although he offered a personalized tour (3 hours) we just wanted to do the beach thing with lunch at one of the hotels. Turned out to be perfect. Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there Russg!

I am just now starting to do some research for shore excursions for my 3/06 Sun Princess tour. Wow, I am kinda blown away by your post! Is there anything at all to do in Grenada or St. Vincent? I am planning on doing Reduit Beach in St. Lucia, is there anything else you can tell me about the ports that you think is a "don't miss" activity or excursion?

Thanks,

T-Bird

Hi there Russg!

I am just now starting to do some research for shore excursions for my 3/06 Sun Princess tour. Wow, I am kinda blown away by your post! Is there anything at all to do in Grenada or St. Vincent? I am planning on doing Reduit Beach in St. Lucia, is there anything else you can tell me about the ports that you think is a "don't miss" activity or excursion?

Thanks,

T-Bird

We were on the Sun Princess in April and visited these islands. All have private tour operator/cabs if you want to go for a couple of hours out sightseeing. As you exit the ship on all the islands you will be approached by cab drivers. If you are not interested just say no thanks and keep on going.

We just walked around town in St. Vincent as we did not have alot of time there (really just an afternoon). There is not much in the way of tourist stuff in town, but to us it was interesting just the same. We even stumbled across a small museum and spent 1/2 talking to the women volunteer on duty that day. St. Vincent looks the way most of the Caribbean islands looked 30 yrs ago, before development hit big-time.

Granada did suffer damage in the hurricanes last year, but the entire island is not a war zone by any means. Yes, there are homes with tarps still on the roofs and the downtown area suffered damage, but it is NOT a war zone. We took a taxi tour for 2 hours and enjoyed the island. After lunch back on the ship we walked over to the Carnage area and bought some spices, etc.

On St. Lucia we took a taxi tour (van actually) for 3 hrs with another couple. We made arrangements right after we got off the ship, in the shopping plaza area which you must walk through to get pretty much anyplace. After lunch back on the ship we took the water taxi into Castries for shopping. The water taxi is right in front of where we docked.

Martinque was our favorite island - but we do speak French which was an asset. Everyone on the island was incredibly nice to us I might add. It appeared to us that almost all the taxi drivers spoke English too. Again, we took a private van tour for several hours with 2 other couples and again we negotiated this just as we got off the ship. In the afternoon we took a taxi into Fort-de-France to shop. We did not find it any more expensive then other places and at least every single store was not a jewelry shop as is St. Thomas (our least favorite place in the Caribbean). One of the couples we were out with in the a.m. went on to a beach in the afternoon.

Travel is what you make it. These islands are not quite as touristy or developed as Jamaica, the US Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, etc. but that is their charm as far as we are concerned.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Jeanaa,

A gentleman by the name of Cosol came highly recommended in St. Lucia. He charges $40.00 per person. The tour goes to the waterfall, volcano, botanical garden, marigot bah, fishing villages, and on and on and on..... You can reach him at cosol966@hotmail.com. He will get back with you within a day or so.

St. Vincent is a beautiful unspoiled island. I would recommend taking a taxi--to the beach and other sights.

WE are looking into two tour operators in Grenada and will keep you posted on them.

Archived