Star from Seattle

We just booked the Star sailing on 9/4/2005 out of Seattle. We will be driving from Colorado and need a hotel within a reasonable distance from the cruise port where we can stay the night before the cruise and leave our car parked while we are away. We found such a hotel in San Diego where we left our car parked for 11 nights and also in New Orleans where we left it for 7 nights. We would prefer to be 5 miles or less from the ship so the taxi fare wouldn't be too great. Can anyone help with information? Thanks

Joy

We just booked the Star sailing on 9/4/2005 out of Seattle. We will be driving from Colorado and need a hotel within a reasonable distance from the cruise port where we can stay the night before the cruise and leave our car parked while we are away. We found such a hotel in San Diego where we left our car parked for 11 nights and also in New Orleans where we left it for 7 nights. We would prefer to be 5 miles or less from the ship so the taxi fare wouldn't be too great. Can anyone help with information? Thanks

Joy

The Star sails from Pier 66 There is parking at a garage across the street. ($12 per day) http://www.portofseattle.org/seaport/cruise/parkingandtransportation.shtml

I am not aware of any hotels near there that allow week long parking. I know there are a couple near the airport but the cost of a cab would not be worth it. If you want to try to check with some hotels in the area try the ones in the "Seattle Center" area. They would be 2-3 miles from the pier.

I am not aware of any hotels near there that allow week long parking. I know there are a couple near the airport but the cost of a cab would not be worth it. If you want to try to check with some hotels in the area try the ones in the "Seattle Center" area. They would be 2-3 miles from the pier.

One option though might be to stay a night at one of those motels near the airport. Catch the motel shuttle to the airport (often free) and then take the bus (Grayline?) to the pier. Their price seems to be pretty reasonable.

jmo

-Monte

There's a long-term parking garage by Pier 66 but you'd have to pay to park there. Pretty much anywhere in the downtown area, the hotels charge for parking. Near Seattle Center, I think some of them run specials where you can leave your car parked there, and then the cab ride wouldn't be that much.

I appreciate the responses that all of you have given. I tried to contact one of the hotels, but their phone was busy for over an hour. Don't know what that was all about! I will check some more, especially the idea of a hotel near the Seattle Center and taking a taxi to the pier. Thanks again. I'm still open if anyone has any more ideas.

Joy

www.comfortsuites-seattle.com offers a stay one night and park for 7 days rate on their page called "specials." You may want to check it out...

I check it out. The standard rate for the package is $169/night. That night is one of the 7 included so you will also pay $4 parking for and extra day. It is about 2 miles from Pier 66 (NCL, Celebrity) and 4 miles from Terminal 30 (HAL, Princess)

Parking rates at the pier are Pier 66, $12 per day, Terminal 30, $10 per day.

Archived