Moorea Must Do's

Tikiintahiti

Many of you have asked me for Moorea recommendations in similar fashion as what I did for Bora Bora. So here you go. No long big review just simple recommendations on things to see and do while on Moorea. The information provided is from my many trips over many years to FP. All of the recommendations I give are ones that I've personally done and have first hand knowledge. Enjoy the link :)

Moorea Must Do's

Your timing is perfect for us. We leave on Nov 8 for 5 nights at the Moorea Hilton. I've been bookmarking your Moorea recommendations for some time now. Your PDF saves me the trouble of printing them individually.

Thanks a bunch.

Moorea Hilton is our favorite resort on the island.

Great snorkeling right there.

There is a nice little place across the street for breakfast and lunch, real reasonable, good, outdoors and they have free wifi. When leaving the Hilton go right 100 yards, on your left (mountain side).

IMG_3391_zps44ea6132.jpg

IMG_3393_zpsdece0bf0.jpg

Don another 1/2 mile is a very good Chinese place where all the locals go. Very basic seating but the food is very good and cheap. Large portions so share. Opens at 6:30 pm

IMG_3404_zps92cd9ebc.jpg

chickenchowmeanfromSnackMatairii_zpsc9367977.jpg

Thank you so much the info on Moorea. Everything one would want to know...thanks to you, feel a bit more at ease with this port.

Could you please direct me to the one you so kindly did on Bora Bora...I did search a few places but as of yet no luck.

Would really appreciate it if you could help me out with this.

Am sure others would too!!

Thanks for all your information...have a book going with all your helpful advice, hints etc.

Liz

Tikiintahiti,

There is one very minor typo in your Moorea PDF. The Avis location code in the web link is for Bora Bora.

Instead, I used the MOZ location for Moorea, as in:

http://www.avis.com/car-rental/location/details.ac?LOCATIONCODE=MOZ

Thanks to your handy guide, I have my car reserved and am waiting for replies on my ATV and Lagoon tours. I'll be sure to try out the restaurants mentioned by the Hilton.

I've chosen to book my Tahiti and Moorea rentals from the Avis.com site instead of the avis-tahiti site. As shown below, the avis-tahiti site requires prepayment. In this instance, they are also charging more than avis.com, 9775 versus 9200 fcp.

From avis-tahiti website:

"Your special internet rate required a payment in advance of your rental

Your rate : 9 775 Fcp for 1 day This rate include unlimited mileage, third party liability, CDW insurance on the car with a deductible, VAT TAX of 13%.

Conditions : This rate includes 15% discount and requires a payment in advance of the rental "

When you book direct with Sandrine (manager of the Moorea office) you are talking to the person who makes the decisions on who gets what car. If you mention Tikiintahiti from Tripadvisor & CruiseCritic pointed you to her it speaks volumes and no I don't get free cars ;)

Tikiintahiti -thanks for the great informtion on both Bora Bora and Moorea. We are heading to Moorea in March for 3 nights before taking an Oceania cruise to many of the islands. Already booked our own pontoon boat to take around Bora Bora based on your suggestion -many thanks!

On your Moorea Must Do's list there seems to be references to points on a map. Is there a link to a map? Perhaps I missed it.

Ditto

BTW, just so you all know. I'm not a travel agent, just someone who has been to paradise more times than I can count on 2 hands. I' a real estate broker by trade. I pride my self on getting the best bang for the buck so learn from my trial and errors over the years. The recommendations I give are usually based on first hand experience and knowing the ropes after many many trips.

Tiki - I downloaded your recommendations/with photos, for reference when I am Bora Bora & Moorea. Many thanks.

Getting close before I leave for Brisbane, then flying out to Hawaii, for a nice beach/cafe/restaurant holiday before the cruise.

I will put up a posting on my return, about all those places, etc.

Archived