Tri-rail question ?

Ex-Airbalancer

• 1 month later...
We are going to try tri-rail next month. Do we just need to grab a taxi over to the airport? Do we need to tell the driver that we need to be dropped off at Tri-rail?

Here's my experiences from a couple of weeks ago http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1936060 where I detailed out how it worked both ways, including pictures.

If you are trying to save money, it will be cheaper to take either a taxi or shared shuttle to the airport and then take the free tri-rail shuttle from there.

Here's my experiences from a couple of weeks ago http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1936060 where I detailed out how it worked both ways, including pictures.

If you are trying to save money, it will be cheaper to take either a taxi or shared shuttle to the airport and then take the free tri-rail shuttle from there.

Why not just take a cab straight to the train station ?

Thank you! We will be flying into PBI because it's $200 cheaper for us than flying into FLL and $400 cheaper than flying into MIA. Taxi shouldn't be too much from the port (if I remember correctly.) Thanks for those pics too!

Don't try this with luggage. Some cars have no space for luggage and are crowded.

Straight from the Tri-rail website:

Baggage

Passengers may carry bags onboard, but please do not block seats or aisles. Luggage racks are available on all northernmost cars. Tri-Rail is not responsible for lost or stolen articles. Train personnel are not required to provide baggage assistance. Customers must limit baggage to no more than three (3) pieces of standard size luggage which they can carry onboard in one trip.

Considering we are saving hundreds of dollars, we will definitely be taking Tri-rail.

Edited by jennmaybe

We took tri-rail last month from the Port to West Palm Beach. Taxi to the tri-rail station by the airport ($22 - might have been a bit high as it didn't appear as though he was taking the direct route). $5 pp ticket (bought from a live person) at the station. Our train car had luggage racks. Taxi from the West Palm Beach station to PBI was about $20 with tip if I recall. Very easy process.

We took tri-rail last month from the Port to West Palm Beach. Taxi to the tri-rail station by the airport ($22 - might have been a bit high as it didn't appear as though he was taking the direct route). $5 pp ticket (bought from a live person) at the station. Our train car had luggage racks. Taxi from the West Palm Beach station to PBI was about $20 with tip if I recall. Very easy process.

Was this at Port Everglades? Didn't they have a shuttle from the Palm Beach station to the airport?

Here is what I was reading from the tri-rail website:

Palm Beach International Airport (PBIA)

Departures: Take Tri-Rail to the West Palm Beach Station and transfer to Palm Tran Route 44* westbound directly to airport.

Edited by jennmaybe

Was this at Port Everglades? Didn't they have a shuttle from the Palm Beach station to the airport?

Here is what I was reading from the tri-rail website:

Palm Beach International Airport (PBIA)

Departures: Take Tri-Rail to the West Palm Beach Station and transfer to Palm Tran Route 44* westbound directly to airport.

Yes, we disembarked at Port Everglades. When I check out the shttle to PBI in advance of the trip it seemed like it would be a PITA so I decided a taxi would work better.

Yes, we disembarked at Port Everglades. When I check out the shttle to PBI in advance of the trip it seemed like it would be a PITA so I decided a taxi would work better.

Oh, ok. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. :) This will be our first time using Tri-rail, so I am trying to have a plan laid out for us so we'll know what to do and where to go. :D