Europian flair questions??

tammyrs

OK... I have heard the term... now I want to know! :confused:

What do you mean europian flair? Tailored to Europian taste?? We currently live in Europe, so I am guessing I should be used to the 'europian thing'.

Are you talking thin pizza??

Lots of bread and pasta?

Pork... pork & more pork? ~~ HA ~~

Bubbly water

No water on tables?

No english onboard. (used to that!)

Non-rushed meals

:p

Any insight would calm me down a bit. YES... I am a first timer. :eek:

OK... I have heard the term... now I want to know! :confused:

What do you mean europian flair? Tailored to Europian taste?? We currently live in Europe, so I am guessing I should be used to the 'europian thing'.

Are you talking thin pizza??

Lots of bread and pasta?

Pork... pork & more pork? ~~ HA ~~

Bubbly water

No water on tables?

No english onboard. (used to that!)

Non-rushed meals

:p

Any insight would calm me down a bit. YES... I am a first timer. :eek:

1. yes

2. ..and risotto too

3. No. Lot of choice, but food might taste bland to people used to spicty food

4. ..or still at your choice

5. just ask and they will deliver with smile (but why ask for water when you can have wonderful wine at reasonable cost?)

6. English is not first language, but almost every crew member speaks english...only trying to understand their accent might be difficult sometimes. Most passengers generally do not speak much English

7. absolutely no rush, and nobody will bother you asking if you wish a drink every five minutes. If you want a drink just ask a waiter and he/she will deliver it right away

Tammyrs: The wait staff don't like to serve ice-water to the passengers. It is VERY obvious that they have been told to 'push' the bottled water (at a charge) by Costa. Others have encountered the same issues if you have read previous posts. However, if you insist at your first dinner night, then they will bring it automatically everynight thereafter. It's quite funny actually, because they try to act shocked that you would want to drink 'plain' ice-water.

Tammyrs: The wait staff don't like to serve ice-water to the passengers. It is VERY obvious that they have been told to 'push' the bottled water (at a charge) by Costa.

TDOTCRUISR: Think you are wrong, in Italy, (Germany also) you never drink tap water in restaurants. They would certainly look at you as if you were odd to even request tap water. It is just not done, think this will become the norm in the US in a few years, as it is, many restaurants have bottles of water on the tables now.

Agree with Hei1980. They are really shocked to be asked for iced tap water.

If the waiters have been told to push for bottled water why they do not push for drinks everywhere on the ship, like on most lines? (as many complain on this board, the waiters do not aks you if you wish a drink, but wait for you to ask them). It would be much more profitable to sell alcohol than bottled water.

It's rather like comparing apples to oranges when comparing tap water on land to tap water on a ship. If you look at other posts on other lines' boards, the information provided clearly states that the ships "tap" water is actually better than most bottled waters... More pure and fresh..... Now, while in some parts of this country, as well as others, it is preferable and more healthful to drink bottled water than tap water, that is definately Not the case on cruise ships. This is just a marketing ploy on the part of this cruise line to increase revenues.

This is just a marketing ploy on the part of this cruise line to increase revenues.

Sorry, I do not buy the marketing ploy, it is a European way of life. Yes, we all know about the pure water on the cruise ships, even so, I do not drink the tap water. Here is an interesting fact, New York City water tests as well or better than most bottled water. Even so, I drink the bottled water, again, it is a way of life. LOL, probably the bottled water comes from someone's French tap.

ships "tap" water is actually better than most bottled waters... More pure and fresh....

I wonder why...Is there any scientific and reasonable explanation?

Am I missing something?

I don't know about the quality of waters on ships... I do know that in Europe, they seem to drink mostly bubbly water, in bottles. Even while in the hospital, they have taps that serve sparkling water, since insted of 'flat' water. I do get funny looks when I ask for 'tap' water. Usually, I end up with a bottle of semi-sparkly water. (YUCK! IMO)

I am thinking of sticking a 6pk of bottled water in my luggage just in case, as the bubbles are not an option for me

Archived