Ooops, found RCCL made error booking OTW Nellies Cabana!

irisheileen

On July 23, 2013 I called and asked to reserve an OVER THE WATER Nellies Beach Cabana. Very friendly RCCL person, (who seemed to know what she was talking about) described the options and I specifically said that I wanted cabana to be OTW and not back on the beach. My mistake was that I ASSUMED she had done so correctly.

Now with all the controversy of Nellies Cabana folks not getting the upgraded buffet at Barefoot, I decided I, too, would email shorex and get that email stating I had reserved PRIOR to Oct 4 2013. When I looked online to see when I exactly had reserved the OTW Cabana, so as to include the date in that email to shorex, I discovered that RCCL rep had reserved me the BEACH Cabana NOT the OTW Cabana I had specifically requested on July 23, 2013! Ugh!

RCCL says, in a phone call today, that they have only 1 OTW Cabana open for my sail date BUT if I want that now (in effect correcting THEIR mistake), it would post as todays date ( NO upgraded buffet) and NOT the original date PRIOR to Oct 4th giving us the upgraded buffet.

Sigh.

Bottom line is that I have to order another cabana, pay for OTW, and take print out of BOTH EMAIL CONFIRMATIONS of order dates and hope that the ship will honor the July 23 date on the new OTW reservation. She said that I should then CANCEL THE BEACH Cabana then. She will be notating my account, but CAN'T send me an email clarifying the facts.

My concern is that 1st email states I have to cancel by Dec 9th, 2013 which is 5 days prior to sailing. She says that doesn't matter- I will be able to cancel.

Can I trust this cancellation response and not get stuck with 2 charges?

Opinions as to whether Grandeur of the Seas will honor the grandfathered July 23rd date for upgraded buffet?

Thanks!

Archived