The Sanctuary

bling19572010

I noticed you asked about 'access issues' on a few of your other posts, so I thought I'd better mention there are no elevators to deck 15 forward (Sanctuary). On Golden we took forward elevator to deck 14, and had to walk up 2 short flights of stairs. So it could be complicated.

Coral and Island Princess have their Sanctuary on deck 14, and it 'appears' to be 'accessible'.

The Coral and Island have the Sanctuary in the stern . I sort of remember that it is a two level area accessible by elevator.

The Sanctuary on Coral is 3 levels. Upper level is accessed only by stairs and mostly exposed to the sun (with 4 cabanas). The middle level has sunny and shady bed areas. The lower level has the private pool (only accessed by stairs again). I love the location on this ship as it is not too windy and can be used in pretty much any weather. Great for going through the Panama Canal!

The Sanctuary on Coral is 3 levels. Upper level is accessed only by stairs and mostly exposed to the sun (with 4 cabanas). The middle level has sunny and shady bed areas. The lower level has the private pool (only accessed by stairs again). I love the location on this ship as it is not too windy and can be used in pretty much any weather. Great for going through the Panama Canal!

Is the Panama Canal day booked separately? Or part of the 'entire cruise' package?

Is the Panama Canal day booked separately? Or part of the 'entire cruise' package?

The canal day is priced separate. I recently booked the whole cruise except canal day on the Coral, because I wanted to walk everywhere during the transit. There are 2 aft almost private decks below the sanctuary for rear viewing. If you book the canal day I believe it was $60.00 pp, but included a special brunch and cocktails, my friends booked it and enjoyed the day there.

I noticed you asked about 'access issues' on a few of your other posts, so I thought I'd better mention there are no elevators to deck 15 forward (Sanctuary). On Golden we took forward elevator to deck 14, and had to walk up 2 short flights of stairs. So it could be complicated.

Coral and Island Princess have their Sanctuary on deck 14, and it 'appears' to be 'accessible'.

I believe that the Crown, Emerald and Ruby have an accessible lift outside to give folks in wheelchairs access to the Sanctuary.

I believe that the Crown, Emerald and Ruby have an accessible lift outside to give folks in wheelchairs access to the Sanctuary.
We were recently on the Emerald and you are correct. Take the forward elevator to Sun deck (16) and there is an ADA elevator on the port side near the Tradewinds Bar and the Wedding Chapel entrance to take you up to the Sport deck (17) and the Sanctuary.

Archived