As soon as you get on the ship

kac13090

Doing the Breeze in December, out of Miami ...

Lucky to grab one of those FTTF. Hope to be on the ship by 11:30 am.

In chronological sequence:

(1) Purchase internet package, set up wi-fi for laptop and iphones.

(2) Set up my CPAP.

While doing (1) & (2), Mrs. goes get us our Miami Vice.

(3) Purchase the tumblers at Red Frog Bar if they are available.

(4) Check out Cloud 9, purchase weekly pass if facilities are reasonable.

(5) Check out buffet, if nothing too appealing, there is always the Reuben at the deli.

(6) Try another classic cocktail, buy a bucket of beer.

Life is good!

What is Cloud 9??

LIDO

Like to tour the ship

find a place to relax

That sounds about right. We get on the ship as early as they will let us, its like getting an extra days vacation (benefit of living 20-30 minutes from the ports). Because we get on so early we cant get in our rooms, so we wear bathing suits on board. Hit the buffet, tour the ship and then find a relaxing spot by the pool to enjoy the sun and a fruity drink. Nothing better!

Excuse my ignorance but what is a rum runner. I would like to sneak a few small bottles of alcohol on a rc cruise but don't want to go to the naughty room. Lol

Jamie

Plastic bags made for just that. Google it. Very useful...

Ask room steward to fill our ice bucket so we can have our bottle of champagne chilling (when we finally enter the gulf after 7 hours and 14 minutes, we pop a bottle of champagne as we watch the last bit of land disappear out of sight).

This sounds like a tradition me and the lady will start doing. Thanks for the idea :)

On past cruises it was head to the buffet, find a table to drop all the carryons then take turns getting food and watching the stuff.

Now - #1 is go to my cabin (FTTF) and drop off everything, take a look at the balcony and then get a bite to eat and hopefully go back to the cabin, unpack and relax on the balcony until muster drill.

Me too, me too...that was our "norm" too, now with FTTF on our upcoming cruise we will have a new "norm"...can't wait!!!

Happy Cruising!

Grab a FunTimes to have an extra one, head to cabin to drop off stuff including the nearly empty very small rum runner that's in my pocket, mix a drink with what's left, Lido for a Reuben, double meat and sauerkraut and a fresh salad.

I carry a hole punch and when they hand my card to me I punch it and it goes on my lanyard in VIP section. They have ice water in the VIP as the mixer for the rr.

Wonder what the crew is thinking about all these "new" cruisers clamoring to get on board, shaking heads at the inevitable "walk onto the ship and come to a complete halt while staring up at the atrium" folks.

One of the fun things is sitting with others up on Lido who always have stories about their travels or don't know much because they are newbies. Get to give them a few pointers--they're usually amazed that the FunTimes has the tear off part and more amazed they have to pay for their first drink!

Not much can compare to the fun of embarkation!:D Only a week to go and I'll be at the port!

force my way through the grey doors, get to my room, unload my rum runners off my body, unpack my 'good' tank tops and shorts for elegant night , grab a towel and go to the pool to put my towel on MY chair so I can have it the next day, Order the cheers program to share with my DW and then cut in front of everyone at the buffet cause I am hungry. :D

typical first day..

They should make a Bud Light "Real Men of Genious Commercial" based on your post. :D

Ms B

Since we have FTTF for this cruise we'll drop our bags first then head for the food. We have a couple of first time cruisers with us, so after we eat we'll give them a quick tour of the ship so they know where everything is, then get a drink, maybe relax in our cabin a bit before cluster...err, I mean muster, then up top for sailaway :)

1) Cabin drop off bags

2) Lido for foo

3) DOD usually but this trip I am going to try Chocolate cake drink

4) hot tub, suit is under my dress I am wearing..:)

Holy cow... Of all the posts I have read I have never heard of a chocolate cake drink!!! What is that??? I need it now!!! Lol!

Purchased FTTF -- so, for this cruise (on the Liberty 2.0), we will go to our room, drop our carry on and head to Guy's for lunch -- the Muster Drill, then a DOD and back to our Aft Balcony, where the hubby and I will enjoy sail away with two of my very best friends and their hubbies.

1. Lido deck to reserve the perfect location for the sail away party.

2. Guy Fieri's for a burger and fries or buffet for some grub.

3. Red Frog or Blue Iquana for a DRANK.

4. Back to my lounge chair.

5. Walk around to take pictures and people watch.

6. Repeat steps 2-5 about 3 times. ;)

Archived