How a cruise is selling... is there an easier way?

MJC

We're on a tight budget this year, but I have my eye on a specific 2014 spring cruise. I've been watching the cheapest cabins and the desirable Caribe balcony cabins with the idea that those bookings might be a good indicator of a possible future sale that we can afford on a cabin that we would like (no insides). So far the ship is very lightly booked. Is this a good strategy? What advice do you have for me?

Are you saying that your watching that cabin for the price changes and then waiting for it to get low enough before you book? I just want to clarify.

My best suggestion is *************.com that seems to have pretty good rates. I don't know how far in advance you want to book, as this can be a riskier strategy, but they have amazing discounts when you book with 90 or less days left. Hope this all helps!

That strategy might work but since you want a specific cruise and don't appear to be flexible it might not as the price of the category of cabin you want on that specific cruise could increase if the availability should go down suddenly if it isn't the category you are checking. This happens quite often especially if guaranties are being offered. It would be better to watch all availability as you might get a better deal on different category. Also being flexible helps.

I do this for our bookings but we are very flexible as to when and with what cruiseline we sail on. We wanted to do late Fall Hawaii cruise and I was mainly looking at getting an OV on one of two Princess ships out of LA. As you can see in my signature count down we ended up on a X ship out of San Diego when a Concierge balcony gty special was offered and we ended up with a C1, the top Concierge category. Cost was about equal considering what we got as OBC from our Open Passage future cruise deposit compared to what we would have gotten with our Princess FCS deposit and the Capt's Club benefits are far superior on X to what we get on Princess. another benefit of sailing out of SD is the airport and port are close to each other.

By the way ry1206an if you check CC guidelines using the link in the header above you will this site does not allow TA recommendation even in an indirect way. That's why your link was **** out.

Also that site's pricing is the same as the cruiseline's pricing. It's advantage is that it list certain cruise from many cruiselines by date and itinerary type. Other TAs offer actual discounts or other benefits such as OBC, paid gratuities, paid specialty restauarant dining, etc.

Archived