Want to Spend 2 Nights in the Keys

helen haywood

Hey, not sure if this is the correct place to post this. We are taking two cruises and have a 2 night layover between cruises. I thought about going to the Keys as I've never been there. From Ft. L. But I don't know where the best place to stay would be....I'm more interested in being off the beaten tourist path (sorry, forgot to say our layover is Feb 6-7, 2014) and having gorgeous nature views.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Hey, not sure if this is the correct place to post this. We are taking two cruises and have a 2 night layover between cruises. I thought about going to the Keys as I've never been there. From Ft. L. But I don't know where the best place to stay would be....I'm more interested in being off the beaten tourist path (sorry, forgot to say our layover is Feb 6-7, 2014) and having gorgeous nature views.

Any help greatly appreciated!

It sounds like you would prefer a smaller B&B. You don't say what your budget is but take a look at the Mermais & Aligator ---> http://www.kwmermaid.com/index.htm

Notice that it is one of the dog-friendly places.

Pjk

Not off the beaten path but if you are going to be in Key West we opted for the Key Lime Inn.

It had heritage being built in 1854 & part of the Historic Registry, 1 acre of land with several buildings plus great landscaping.

A continental breakfast outdoors by the pool & walking distance to everything!

The front desk was very helpful & even offered me some remedies for a bad cough/cold I had .

My husband and I will be staying at the Weatherstation Inn (http://www.weatherstationinn.com/) next week. It is in a gated community so no party revellers but an easy walk to downtown. Barbara and James have been very friendly and easy to work with. The continental breakfast is a basket delivered right to your door :D Check out the web site to read the history of the building.

Edited by BroncoLvrs

• 1 month later...