The First thing I do on board is....?

Mr Robberts

We have a 4 hour drive to get to the terminal. During that time I get all my work aggregation out of my system with a 3 hour monologue to my poor husband of everything I'm leaving behind. This is accompanied with the consumption of Twizzlers - the vacation candy of choice (and the only time of the year they are allowed). Once we get to the terminal we spend the wait time chatting with the cruise critic friends in person. Once we get on board - (and finally the answer to the original post) - we have lunch at Cagneys with our cruise critic friends, then find our cabin, have an intimate interlude (seriously, no reference to sex from anyone else?) then watch the sail away from our balcony. Can't wait for our next cruise!!

The first thing I do is breathe in that wonderful ship smell. Then I grin like a cheshire cat, head to Cagney's and order a cocktail and some lunch. As the cocktail starts working its magic smoothing out the wrinkles of pre-cruise stress, I savor whatever delights are on my plate and smile some more. Then it's off to the stateroom to drop off the carry-ons and meet our Steward and Butler, smile some more, and after all of that is finished I smile.

:D

First thing we do is find cabin, try to hook up with cabin steward to have drinks removed from fridge & get mattress toppers & extra pillows. If he isn't around we'll leave our carryons, put valuables in safe, leave a note for steward, lock door and head for a drink & MDR for a bite!

Karen & Pat

We have a 4 hour drive to get to the terminal. (seriously, no reference to sex from anyone else?) then watch the sail away from our balcony. Can't wait for our next cruise!!

I was just about to make two postings - first thing you do when you're on a couples cruise vs first thing you do when you have the kids with you. So you beat me for the couples cruise thing - we've been so spoiled and had TWO of those this year, the Jewel last March and the Dawn last July.

In March, we'll have my 17 year old son and my 13 year old nephew. So the first thing we will do is tour the Breakaway, because I'm sure the kids will be blown out of the water. Then we'll make sure we're all in a good spot for sailaway, because my boys haven't seen the Statue of Liberty before, could be a once in a lifetime for them.

Lift my foot off the gangway, touch the deck, heave a hugh sigh of relief that I actually made it on board on time, grab lunch, roam the ship taking pictures, fidget through the safety drill, then rush outdoors to grab a mandatory Pina Colada meet my new cruise critic friends! :D

We always head to the Main Dining Room to find out table and ask for a change if necessary. Lunch in the windjammer, find the cabin and then it's top side with a beverage for the sail-away (after the Muster Drill of course).