FLL - Specialty Van and Car Rental

sunluva7

Posted this question on the FLL boards, but has anyone here had any dealings with this company in Fort Lauderdale? We need to rent a car post-cruise for a few hours before our flight home, and they are one of the few car rental companies in FLL which have the exact size vehicle we need for our family of 6 and all our luggage, at a price we can afford, and they pick up at the port.

Never heard of them, and I've rented in FLL and MIA many times. Be careful with some of those South Florida "off-off-off Airport" rental car companies. The vehicles aren't often in good shape, and their fees can be quite high even though the initial prices look attractive. I had one in Miami put through an authorization on my credit card for $1,000 because I didn't take the collision damage waiver at $24.99 a day.

You might want to check Budget Rent-A-Car and/or Hertz. Both carry full size passenger vans at both locations, and usually don't charge a drop-off fee if you rent from a location in the same city and return at the airport. If I'm not mistaken, either shuttle will pick you up at the port if you contact them. Its not far at all from FLL.

Enjoy! :)

I do have a Town Car reserved through Hertz but afraid the trunk is not large enough for all the luggage. There were no vans or SUVs available at the FLL downtown HLE location which picks up at the port now. The airport location has the vehicle we want, but they no longer pick up at the port.

Well, you could always take a cab (probably 2 in your case) from the port to the airport if you needed to pick up the vehicle there. Don't know if that's an more viable option for you, I just have had bad experiences with no-name rental car companies in south florida and avoid them at all cost

Archived