Hotel Lloret Barcelona vs Hotel Continental

Baseball fan

I have stayed at the Continental twice and it is fine for my stay next month. However, I just came across the Hotel Lloret Ramblas and was thinking of moving there. Has anyone stayed at both hotels and can give me a comparison. They appear to be across from each other on the Ramblas. The Lloret is slightly less expensive and I could get a Ramblas view (which I like). The reivews on TripAdvisor are pretty good for the Lloret.

I am only there for one night pre-cruise.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Dena

I have stayed at the Continental twice and it is fine for my stay next month. However, I just came across the Hotel Lloret Ramblas and was thinking of moving there. Has anyone stayed at both hotels and can give me a comparison. They appear to be across from each other on the Ramblas. The Lloret is slightly less expensive and I could get a Ramblas view (which I like). The reivews on TripAdvisor are pretty good for the Lloret.

I am only there for one night pre-cruise.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Dena

Dena I'm staying at the Hotel Lloret next Saturday and will be coming back to give a full review.:)

No hotel is perfect and the reviews on Tripadvisor are mostly positive about this hotel.

I'm like you, only staying for 1 night precruise and after a nap, will be out and about

I booked ours on booking.com and you hold it and pay when you get there. We reserved 2 rooms with breakfast, for 190 euros, tax included.

So excited and can't wait to fly out next week.:D

• 1 month later...
Dena I'm staying at the Hotel Lloret next Saturday and will be coming back to give a full review.:)

No hotel is perfect and the reviews on Tripadvisor are mostly positive about this hotel.

I'm like you, only staying for 1 night precruise and after a nap, will be out and about

I booked ours on booking.com and you hold it and pay when you get there. We reserved 2 rooms with breakfast, for 190 euros, tax included.

So excited and can't wait to fly out next week.:D

So what do you think? I switched from the Continental as the Lloret is cheaper. Plus I get more space and a Ramblas view. I read reviews on tripadvisor so it should be fine.

I leave soon.

Thanks, Dena

• 1 month later...
How was the Hotel Lloret? Would you recommend it for a 3 night stay? Were there any benefits or disadvantages of staying there?

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Gerry

I liked the Lloret. The rooms are small but clean. The breakfast was ok but it could've been that I was jet lagged so nothing sounded good. There is a large grocery store in the basement of El Corte Ingles about a block away.

I took the aero us to the hotel which was easy and cheap. I took a cab from the hotel to the ship and it was about €12. I would stay there again.

Dena

We stayed 1 day precruise.

The staff we encountered were very accommodating.

I would stay for 3 nights, however, the breakfast gets monotonous. The TV had more English speaking channels than the ship I was on (MSC).

DO NOT leave any valuables unattended in your room. I was laying in the bed, hubby was in the shower. Someone opened the door. They heard the shower and quickly shut the door back.

This can happen at any hotel and did not dampen our day. We just all should be on alert when traveling. Domestic or foreign.

Edited by Cruzinbabe06