carnival spirit 21st Dec Xmas cruise

suexxx

Hi all. Cann't wait until April2014 for our next cruise so have just booked SPIRIT 21st dec for Pete & I. Would love to hear from anyone who has sailed on her as this is our 1st Carnival cruise. We are sooooo excited & need to charge our batteries. Is there anyone else coming? I started a roll call as I couldn't find one. Thanks Suexxx

Hi all. Is there no one from here on this cruise? A couple of questions someone may be able to help with. Does the Spirit have a soda package like Princess? Which deck is the Medical Center? Do you enter the Empire resturant from deck 2 or 3. Thanks Suexxx

Hi Sue

We loved Spirit though, like us, you have a school holidays cruise, so expect lots of kids but the Serenity area is nice and peaceful. We found the food great and the general facilities excellent. We had an extended balcony cabin on Deck 7 with the kids across the hall in an inside cabin. Both cabins were much larger then we had experienced on our earlier P&O cruises.

Soda package is available and good value if you drink more than a couple of cans of drink each day.

You can enter Empire Dining Room from either level though the upper level is for ADT whilst the downstairs in for fixed seating. We had ADT but on some nights were seated on tables downstairs which was fine.

Medical Centre is on A Deck I think. Never went there thankfully.

Expect lots of noise and load of kids. Everyone in shorts and thongs at the pool bar with beers in hand whilst the kids splash around in the pool and run around the deck squealing. Spirit is a nice ship. I just don't think I could handle the number of kids they get on the school holiday cruises. Thats why I go on HAL over Xmas as they have a much older age group. But you may be younger than me and/or more tolerant.

Archived