What parking lot in new Orleans

cruisinmeme

I have been out of new Orleans probably 8x, with ccl, I know hoe to park in the Erato garage. Been on ncl 2x out of new Orleans , parked at Fulton garage.

So my question is getting to the whale lot. Many times the lines are long with people going into Erato garage, or cars dropping off or picking up at Erato . Is there a way around all this to get to Julia st. Drop off and parking in whale lot? Or do you just wait in line and go on to Julia

Also I know there is a huge garage with a whale on it. So is the whale lot in that garage or is in a lot next to it. Is it a long walk to the check in once you park in the whale lot.

Thanks in advance

Hope This Helps and yes it is right around the corner from Erato street garage that leads to CCL terminal

Home_Cruise.JPG

Parking

Parking for Erato St. Cruise Terminal

• The Erato Parking Garage entrance, lcoated on top of terminal, is a circular ramp that you will see as you approach the building.
  • On the first floor of the garage (3rd floor of the terminal building) you will be directed to the offloading area. SeaCaps will take your checked baggage and deliver them directly to the ship.
  • After parking, take the elevator to the second floor check in and waiting area.
  • Parking costs $16 per day. Please have your cruise tickets available. You must show them to enter the garage.
  • Maximum height is 8' 4" (limited space) on 3rd floor and 7' 6" on higher floors, and maximum 22 feet in length. Garage is secured, lighted and patrolled.

Parking for Julia St. Cruise Terminal

• Once entering Port of New Orleans Place, proceed past the Erato Street Terminal to Julia Street.
  • You will be directed to the Julia St Terminal drop-off area where SeaCaps will assist you with your luggage.
  • You will then be directed to the parking lot located next to the cruise terminal.
  • Parking costs $16 per day. The parking lot is a within a block of the terminal, but shuttle service is provided if needed. Parking lot is secured, lighted and patrolled.

Oversized vehicles, RVs and Buses

• Oversized vehicles may use the Poydras Street parking lot which is next to the Julia St. Cruise Terminal.
  • Use same directions as Erato/Julia terminals.
  • Offload all luggage at the appropriate terminal (Erato for Carnival and Julia for Norwegian and Royal Carribean).
  • After offloading all luggage and passengers, the driver should proceed past the Erato and Julia terminals and turn right at the Poydras Street Parking Lot.
  • A shuttle is available back to the Erato Street Cruise Terminal and the oversized lot is a short walk to the Julia Terminal.
  • Parking for oversized vehicles is $32 per day.
  • Reservation required. Please call 504-528-3482 for a reservation. Lot is secure, lighted and patrolled.

facilitiesmaps_03.jpg

There are other ways to get to the whale lot. If you exit like you are going to hit Henderson to get to PONO drive, but turn left at the bottom of the ramp rather than right you will go in front of the convention center. The main entrance to the whale lot is just past the convention center on the right.

You can also get on PONO drive in front of the Hilton at the foot of Poydras.

We just got back from the 1st cruise out of NOLA on the Jewel and they had the access in front of the Hilton blocked. We ended up going through the whole transit by Erato and then to Julia St & it was just creeping along. Would have been so much easier to get into the lot &take our luggage on to the terminal ourselves. Hopefully next time we will find an easier way.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Archived