Beer, martini, tastings, etc.

davy jones

Agreed about best value on the ship.

TOP TIP - don't do back-to-back tastings if you have any plans for the rest of the day!

I can attest to this being a darn good tip! :o But agree with the others - great value, great fun, and usually share-able (which gives some flexibility to the aforementioned tip ;)).

All of the tastings are a good value and often a very fun time. I would do any of them again ... EXCEPT the beer tasting. Although a good value in fun company, the beer selection is pretty limited on NCL - certainly nothing I have not tasted before - and so a better value might be to order a full size beer of what you like and just watch the fun.

Still, the limited selection does include some decent beers like Sam Adams, Newcastle Brown, and Stella Artois. If you are not already familiar with these beers then a tasting is by all measures a good thing; and in that case "tasting" all the Buds and the Lights and the rest of the common US beers at a discounted price ain't such a bad thing. :)

All of the tastings are a good value and often a very fun time. I would do any of them again ... EXCEPT the beer tasting. Although a good value in fun company, the beer selection is pretty limited on NCL - certainly nothing I have not tasted before - and so a better value might be to order a full size beer of what you like and just watch the fun.

Still, the limited selection does include some decent beers like Sam Adams, Newcastle Brown, and Stella Artois. If you are not already familiar with these beers then a tasting is by all measures a good thing; and in that case "tasting" all the Buds and the Lights and the rest of the common US beers at a discounted price ain't such a bad thing. :)

I agree with everything you said...except including Stella as a decent beer, LOL. It's okay, but to me is European Budweiser. :D

Hello!

Do they have these tastings on the Gem too??? :) never had a martini but would try if I can get just a taste of each one. Lol

They are on all of the shops usually. Sometimes 2 or 3 depending on the popularity.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

We didn't notice them when we were on the Epic but I read about them here getting ready for the Breakaway. We went to the Margarita tasting on the 2nd day and they gave us 5 of them. We had fun & it was like a bit of a party after. We also went to Martini & Mojito tastings later in the week. We loved them & made new friends. I hope they allow sharing in the future because it's fun but you don't always want that much to drink.

Here's another vote for a tasting onboard NCL. I did the Martini one and loved it. Heck, I loved it so much I plan on going for round two in January:o

I fully plan on checking out a few other tastings too now!

Let's make a plan to go together! We missed the tastings last time and I don't want to make that mistake again. 😊

I have done a few of these tastings over the past few years. At the margarita tasting I ended up sitting next to someone who had been on a previous Halloween cruise and we ended up chatting about how much fun that cruise had been. At a wine tasting I ended up sitting next to someone who lived not too far from me. I would have liked to have my husband at the martini tasting to share - I realized I am not really a martini drinker. I have also attended beer university as well. Even if you decide that you are not a martini, beer, etc. drinker - they are fun, educational, and a great opportunity to chat with other cruisers (+ a good value). I am hoping they do the mojitos on our upcoming cruise.

Archived