Segway

swom

Do they still have the segways in SJ and if so, has anyone done them and did you love it?

Segways are on my bucket list and I'd really like to do it here, so need to know if it's worth it.

Thanks!

Segwaytourspr(dot)com looks to be the place. I've been thinking about booking the tour for January. We did a Segway tour in Redding at the park there where the sundial bridge is. They were really fun to ride. I did have to really concentrate as to whether to lean forward, back to make it go or slow down. Lol

Segwaytourspr(dot)com looks to be the place. I've been thinking about booking the tour for January. We did a Segway tour in Redding at the park there where the sundial bridge is. They were really fun to ride. I did have to really concentrate as to whether to lean forward, back to make it go or slow down. Lol

Good luck booking it for the weekend of your cruise. The St Sebastian Festival is that weekend in OSJ. I tried to book for 1/19/14 and all the times that worked for us were booked up. :mad:

Well, I received a strange reply to my question about docking at noon and could I make it in time for the excursion at 1 and here's what he wrote me:

Thank you for the interest in Segway Tours P.R.

On February 18 we can start the tour at 12:30pm. Our office is at 3 minutes walk from the ship. Please let us know if ok.

Gracias,

Jose

Well, I received a strange reply to my question about docking at noon and could I make it in time for the excursion at 1 and here's what he wrote me:

On February 18 we can start the tour at 12:30pm. Our office is at 3 minutes walk from the ship. Please let us know if ok.

Gracias,

Jose

That is strange. It seems he misunderstood what you were asking. I'm not sure which port you will be docking at but the Carnival Valor docks just down the street from the Segway Tours. I was told it's just past Señor Frog's, across from CVS Pharmacy.

What date are you doing it in January? We are on the 22.

We're booked for the Segway Tour on January 19th. I'm curious how that will work with the San Sebastián Street Festival going on. I'm guessing they will probably bypass the crowds and take us around it.

I'll be on Holland America and not sure where they dock. Are you doing the 45 min tour or the 2 hour tour? I'm a bit of a klutz, well, more than a bit of a klutz so don't know if I should risk 2 hours or not. LOL

That is strange. It seems he misunderstood what you were asking. I'm not sure which port you will be docking at but the Carnival Valor docks just down the street from the Segway Tours. I was told it's just past Señor Frog's, across from CVS Pharmacy.

I'll be on Holland America and not sure where they dock. Are you doing the 45 min tour or the 2 hour tour? I'm a bit of a klutz, well, more than a bit of a klutz so don't know if I should risk 2 hours or not. LOL

The first 10 minutes is the hardest. After that, if you can do 45 min. then 2 hours is easy too. No extra effort.

We have never been on Segways either but I have faith! :rolleyes: Carnival Valor does not depart until 10:00 PM, so we have plenty of time to check things out on foot as well. We basically want the Segways so we don't have to walk up the steep hills in Caribbean heat to see the Fort of Old San Juan. ;)

Gracias,

Jose

If you are on Carnival you will have no problem making it. We did the Segway's a few years ago and had a great time! There were 6 of us, including my Mom who was 79 years old at the time and we all had a blast! My Mom was just talking about it the other night, 4 years later.

Here is a picture of my DH being set up on his Segway inside the offices. You can see how close we were to the Carnival dock. There were dolphins playing right outside the office, too.:)

020-L.jpg

There is no better way to see the fort. You can ride the Segways right up to the fort rather than have to go up that long walkway by foot. Someone even asked if we were a "handicapped group" that we were allowed to ride.:rolleyes:

Here we all are:

027-L.jpg

There was a street festival going on when we went. also. We went up to the fort along the city wall. Just a few pedestrians there. By the time we were heading back down we were pretty good on the things and we just wove our way through the crowds. The scary part were those big hills coming down. Woa! I was leaning waaaaay back.

Edited by Sunny AZ Girl

I was wondering what they would be like on the hills! The one time I rode them the small hills made me nervous.

Going up was a breeze. The only way to go! Going down was a bit more challenging. They did tell us if we were too nervous we could get off and walk the Segways down. However, we all took a big gulp and hung on! They were very careful with us, though and someone was running alongside all of the time. My DH got in trouble for getting too close to me.:rolleyes:

Thanks for sharing the pictures Ginny. They are great!!!!

You're welcome! If you would like to see the rest of our pictures of the Segway Tour follow this link. Pictures 9-55 (pages 1-3).

We were on the Caribbean Princess doing the Southern Route out of San Juan. We were docked across the bay from OSJ, not close like the Carnival ship. It did allow me to get a few good pictures of it being a little further away. We checked into the ship, dropped off our bags and took a cab to OSJ for the afternoon tour.

I want to add that the tour included a guided tour of the fort with our Segway guide. We left the Segways at the very entrance to the fort, not at the beginning of the walkway where the cabs leave you, and walked around the fort. Our guide was very knowledgeable. I had been to the fort before, but learned a lot more about it this time.

Edited by Sunny AZ Girl