Power Outlets Pacific Dawn

Chelseapop

Have recently sailed on the Pacific Dawn and was able to take aboard a Belkin power outlet/powerboard in my carry on luggage with no problems. Only problem was the outlet in my cabin would not accept a 3 pronged plug (normal aussie earthed plug) so I just had to charge my camera, ipad etc one at a time (they had 2 prong plugs) Is this normal? I wonder if P&O are adapting their outlets so that 3 prong (earthed) powerboards will no longer be able to be used? One way of solving the power board confiscating issue.:D

in any cabin we have had on the pacific dawn as had Australian out lets, in saying that most countries have a 3 pronged out lets . eg usa and uk, but the voltage is differtence between counties,

all out lets in cabins are in australian form out lets

Thanks for the reply. Our cabin did have a 3 point outlet but the centre pin (the earthed pin) couldn't go into the outlet, it was blocked. That's what made me think that maybe P&O are in the process of 'plugging up' the earthed hole in the outlet so that you can no longer use powerboards etc.:eek: Easy way to solve the powerboard issue.

Thanks for the reply. Our cabin did have a 3 point outlet but the centre pin (the earthed pin) couldn't go into the outlet, it was blocked. That's what made me think that maybe P&O are in the process of 'plugging up' the earthed hole in the outlet so that you can no longer use powerboards etc.:eek: Easy way to solve the powerboard issue.

That may be the way they are going as most chargers are double insulated and only use the active and nutral.

P.S. so are most hair dryers, lap tops shavers note pads

Archived