question for aaannnthony

Daneite

You may recognise me from the Seabourn thread (or not) Seabourn have just treated us, what can I say, as customers rather than guests and we are now looking to the cruiselines that we have kept saying "we will sail with them one day" . My question is how will Oceania compare with Seabourn? We do not drink much at all (wine with dinner) so the all inclusive drinks is not a problem. My main concern is the service, as you have obviously sailed both lines I thought you could give a good comparison. We are also looking at Radisson if anyone else wants to help us.

Daneite

aaannnthony,

Don't want to drag the whole thing out on here, but what I will say is that if the crew on the ships treated us the same way as the people in the office at both Southampton and Miami they would not be getting repeat passengers. We just now feel we need to try something different, have done Silverseas, Cunard, Royal Caribbean, Swan Hellenic and NCL but so far Seabourn has been the winner (over 200 days with them). We may get over it, or we may not find anything to compare but Oceania and Radissson are the 2 that we have kept saying we should do so just wondered what your thoughts were. If you have tried Radisson maybe you could help on that too??

Daneite

Daneite, I just responded to a question on the "Luxury Cruise Group of Four" thread. If you read my opening post, plus #'s 7 & 17, you'll see how pleased we were with our 31 day b-2-b on Oceania.

We've also cruised Seabourn and Crystal, three times each, and Radisson once; we've not cruised Silverseas. We were not happy with the Radisson performance on our only sailing with them; they fell far short of what we expected.

Since you apparently cruise often, 200+ days on Seabourn alone, I'd recommend you pick an itinerary to your liking and "book" a cruise on Oceania.

I'm not sure I have much to offer here as I have not sailed Oceania yet. I have cruised on Seabourn once. I've also cruised on Radisson quite a few times and have had nothing but an excellent experience each time. If you have any specific questions I may be able to answer.

Guest Jancruz

I will step up and answer...

I have sailed on Seabourn, Crystal, Silver Seas and 10 cruises on Oceania..

Beside the size of the staterooms..(so I travel in a Penthouse) and the all inclusive..I am not a big drinker and I dont find it distasteful paying for what I purchase... I love Oceania and would highly suggest trying it..most people that do, like Anthony..immediately rebook as not to miss out on their favorite cabin..which can be gone before you get around to booking!!!

Jan:)

Archived