Beverage Package Costs More Onboard

OceanCruise

Maybe this has been discussed before but I did not realize Celebrity is charging more per day for beverage packages purchased onboard than if you pay for it prior to your cruise. I do not want to prepay as I have a bit of onboard credit coming for our B2B cruises. I was on the fence about getting a non-alcoholic beverage package vs. paying for each drink but with the increased price I will just pay as I go. It also sounds as if you can no longer prorate it based on the fine print.

Greetings

Yes, this was discussed in an earlier thread. Celebrity is now giving you a discount (well that's the marketing ploy) if you book pre-cruise. We all know it's not a real discount, they are just charging more on-board. If you buy pre-cruise, they are assured of you having the package for the full cruise, so I can understand the thinking. But it's still just a price hike being marketed as a new perk.

Good Sailing

Tom

No one from celebrity has officially answered whether you can still buy drink packages for the remaining part of the cruise. Those who have called and asked have been told yes, no, and at least one rep answered honestly saying I don't know. Pick the answer you like :)

Archived