clam shells on little stirrup cay

oldcowhand

can someone help me to decide if i need to rent a clam shell for our cruise in dec.? My hubby & me are seniors....can't stand too much sun & can only walk short distances.......if anyone has rented one....can you tell what it includes? Thanks so much:)

DH and I always rent a clam shell when we are on Half Moon Cay. Have not been to Little Stirrup Cay, but I imagine they are about the same. On HMC, you get two loungers and the clam shell. Great way to stay out of the sun if you want to, but also nice to have a lounger to lie on in the sun. DH prefers to read in the shade, so he likes to keep the lounger inside the shell. If you prop up the back a little, you can get a nice breeze.

Suggest you ask the question on the RCL board or do a CC search under "Cocoa Cay clamshell." On my recent Enchantment cruise I saw that there was a tram/golf cart that took guests to and from the private Barefoot Beach area. There was also an attendant who provided security and bar service

can someone help me to decide if i need to rent a clam shell for our cruise in dec.? My hubby & me are seniors....can't stand too much sun & can only walk short distances.......if anyone has rented one....can you tell what it includes? Thanks so much:)

We went to Little Stirrup Cay in May. I am on meds that cause hypersensitivity to the sun. I found plenty of shade and did not have to walk too far. If depends on what time you go. We went early in the morning. There was a lot of chaise lounges close to me that was unoccupied. I hope this helps. Have a great cruise. ;)

Archived