Which land and sea tour, Spencer ambrose vs Joe Knows

rendal

We are booked on one tour but the other has more positive reviews of course that can be deceiving. It sounds like there is a lot of alcohol on the Joe knows tours and we are not party animals anymore! Looking for a reliable nice time. Anyone have any input?? They really both sound great, but again, I have to decide!:cool:

I'd like to know others opinions as well. We are booked on Joeknows right now, because I am not interested in too long of a land portion. And it boats you to and from the pier. My 70ish Mother will be with us, but she does like a party!

I'd like to know others opinions as well. We are booked on Joeknows right now, because I am not interested in too long of a land portion. And it boats you to and from the pier. My 70ish Mother will be with us, but she does like a party!

also look at Herod's - we did his Coastal Cruise Tour last year-both ways by boat, but he also does a land and sea one.

We chose the sea only because of the reason you listed, didn't want to spend all day riding around, which is what we did on the other isands-this was a nice change

http://herodstours.com/tour.html

as far as alochol. I believe they all serve the rum punch, but on ours, not everyone drank it, and those that did weren't rowdy

Edited by jasminelee

also look at Herod's - we did his Coastal Cruise Tour last year-both ways by boat, but he also does a land and sea one.

We chose the sea only because of the reason you listed, didn't want to spend all day riding around, which is what we did on the other isands-this was a nice change

http://herodstours.com/tour.html

as far as alochol. I believe they all serve the rum punch, but on ours, not everyone drank it, and those that did weren't rowdy

I am booked on Herods in January for his Coastal Cruise Tour for that reason. My group is not interested in the land tour.

Glad to hear that you enjoyed it. Herod was referred to me from a friend who used him when they were in St. Lucia.

Anything about the excursion that you'd like to share would be helpful :)

We had some problems with Spencer Ambrose. Very crowded beaches, no place to sit for lunch, and an argument trying to get on the boat back to our ship. Some people wanted their money back. Take this for whatever it's worth, I expect the Spencer Ambrose lovers to tell you that he is great. He may be some of the time, but not always.

I am booked on Herods in January for his Coastal Cruise Tour for that reason. My group is not interested in the land tour.

Glad to hear that you enjoyed it. Herod was referred to me from a friend who used him when they were in St. Lucia.

Anything about the excursion that you'd like to share would be helpful :)

sit on the left going out so you can see the coast better -and if you take pictures, watch out for where the bars-for lack of a better word-that are on the side of the boat so they don't block your view. And when you get to the beach for lunch, grab a chair first thing!

if you want to see some of my pics from that trip ---caribbeancolors.shutterfly.com

It is not easy shooting from the moving boat, but he will slow down for you sometimes

have fun!

Edited by jasminelee

sit on the left going out so you can see the coast better -and if you take pictures, watch out for where the bars-for lack of a better word-that are on the side of the boat so they don't block your view. And when you get to the beach for lunch, grab a chair first thing!

if you want to see some of my pics from that trip ---caribbeancolors.shutterfly.com

It is not easy shooting from the moving boat, but he will slow down for you sometimes

have fun!

Thanks for the tips and the pics. Looking through them, I can't wait to see them for myself

We don't want to have a beach stop at Jalousie. It seems crowded. My impression is that Joe's stops at Anse Chasenet, near Marigot I think. Where the snorkeling is supposed to be better.

Does Herod's stop at a beach other than Jalousie?

Thanks,

D.

Thank you for responding. I knew the reviews were a tad mixed but I myself had not read a bad one. I'm confused now. What worries me is if it is a rainy day and you are in a boat that cannot be pleasant. Plus we have my sister in law and brother in law with us and they do not enjoy snorkeling. Hmm I just don't know how to play this day!!

We just did the Land & Sea tour with Spencer last week. It was our absolute favorite day of the cruise! There were only 6 people on the land portion of the tour (4 of them being my family). Small was our tour guide during the land portion and he was fantastic. When we got to the beach, it was crowded but Terry made sure that we got chairs and then we had lunch. My husband went snorkeling and he said that he was able to see a lot. On the boat ride back, there were 10 of us on the boat and again the driver was awesome. We were very happy with this tour and I would not hesitate to recommend it.

We just did the Land & Sea tour with Spencer last week. It was our absolute favorite day of the cruise! There were only 6 people on the land portion of the tour (4 of them being my family). Small was our tour guide during the land portion and he was fantastic. When we got to the beach, it was crowded but Terry made sure that we got chairs and then we had lunch. My husband went snorkeling and he said that he was able to see a lot. On the boat ride back, there were 10 of us on the boat and again the driver was awesome. We were very happy with this tour and I would not hesitate to recommend it.

Hi, did you have lunch at the beach.....I thought his web site says you go a restaurant for lunch.

Thanks, Betty

Hi, did you have lunch at the beach.....I thought his web site says you go a restaurant for lunch.

Thanks, Betty

I noticed the same thing when reading another review a few weeks ago and emailed Spencer about it. I have reserved two spots for the Land & Sea tour as well. It seems where you eat lunch can vary: at a restaurant, on the beach at a buffet, or on the beach in a box. He assures me that the lunch is wonderful, and that location isn't a problem, and depends on which tours are operating that day.

I'm a little concerned about that aspect of our day, but I'm waiting to read what others report as we don't visit until March.

I noticed the same thing when reading another review a few weeks ago and emailed Spencer about it. I have reserved two spots for the Land & Sea tour as well. It seems where you eat lunch can vary: at a restaurant, on the beach at a buffet, or on the beach in a box. He assures me that the lunch is wonderful, and that location isn't a problem, and depends on which tours are operating that day.

I'm a little concerned about that aspect of our day, but I'm waiting to read what others report as we don't visit until March.

I am concern about that also. I am in the process of finding a tour for St. Lucia & was hoping this would be it. We are there in Feb.

Betty

• 2 weeks later...

We just did Spencer's Land and Sea tour last week 11/13/13 and I also have to say it was our best excursion during our cruise. It looks like pc2425 was there the week before us and I echo her post. We also had Small (Spencer's brother) for the land portion and he was great. Very knowledgeable and entertaining. Spencer's crew on the boat and beach were also fabulous- they were very safety conscience assisting everyone on and off the boat. Lunch was at the beach- chicken, noodles, banana salad, etc. complimentary drinks the entire tour were plentiful including bottled water, sodas, beer and rum punch. Chairs were ready and waiting for us. The scenery at the beach was amazing and hubby and I enjoyed the snorkeling area too. The speed boat ride and coastal cruise back to the dock was awesome- very beautiful and unique sites along the way. I also highly recommend this tour with Spencer.