Cavetubing experience - just back

pmoniz

Just back from the Carnival Dream! We had a fantastic time in Belize cavetubing with cavetubing dot bz!!! Our guides were awesome (Axel & Jr.) Axel was very informative and shared lots of information about Belize and throughout our cavetubing tour!! Probably one of the best excursions we've done!

They provided us with lunch afterward which was included and it was delicious!!!! I would hire them again for sure. Cavetubing was beautiful. Our tubes were waiting for us at the end of hike so we didn't have to carry them with us. We saw other groups take a couple of short cuts - which - IMO - they missed out for sure!!

What type of lunch was included? DD is trying to decide if she wants to do Shark Alley or go cave tubing. She's vegetarian.

They served chicken, rice & beans and coleslaw. One soda and/or water was included and unlimited rum punch which was delicious. You could get seconds or even thirds on any of the food items! It was delicious!!

My DH wants to do this and I am a bit apprehensive and very claustrophobic. I am always up for an adventure though and zip line though I am afraid of heights. Were the caves cool or hot and stuffy? That will make a big difference to me. Thanks

My DH wants to do this and I am a bit apprehensive and very claustrophobic. I am always up for an adventure though and zip line though I am afraid of heights. Were the caves cool or hot and stuffy? That will make a big difference to me. Thanks

The caves were pretty big and although the water was cooler in the caves the air temp was perfect!

Thanks - I guess I will quit with the worry and go for it....:o

LOL - just go for it!! I was really a great time!! It's so beautiful!! The company we used was fantastic!! I can't praise them enough. Have a great time!!

I'm claustrophobic too, but we're looking at going to go cave tubing in January.

Were there any kids in your group? We're trying to find something to do with our son and Belize doesn't have much to offer. Trying to decide if we should take him cave tubing or if someone should hang back on the ship with him. We have 4 adults going, so it's not like someone would go alone. I've talked to the guys at .bz and they're reassured me he'll be fine and will like enjoy the activity. If he gets scared, he can ride with one of us too.

I'm claustrophobic too, but we're looking at going to go cave tubing in January.

Were there any kids in your group? We're trying to find something to do with our son and Belize doesn't have much to offer. Trying to decide if we should take him cave tubing or if someone should hang back on the ship with him. We have 4 adults going, so it's not like someone would go alone. I've talked to the guys at .bz and they're reassured me he'll be fine and will like enjoy the activity. If he gets scared, he can ride with one of us too.

We didn't have any kids in our group. I'm not sure how old your son is but I was going to say the same thing - maybe he can sit on someone's lap in the tube. I'm sure that would work perfect - depending on age? If .bz reassured you it would be fine - I believe them. They were great. The caves are big so so he should be good but they do get dark that's why you wear the helmet with lights. Its really something to see.

He'll be a few weeks shy of 4 years old. I think he'd love the idea of a head lamp. I've heard mixed reviews from others, but I've also talked to folks who have taken their child and reassured me he'd be fine. He's a fish in the water and has floated lazy rivers at water parks and resorts and loved it. We even floated a lazy river at one resort at night that had bridges...it was very dark and he was just fine. Plus, he'll have his parents and grandparents there. I think we're ok with this decision to go!

He'll be a few weeks shy of 4 years old. I think he'd love the idea of a head lamp. I've heard mixed reviews from others, but I've also talked to folks who have taken their child and reassured me he'd be fine. He's a fish in the water and has floated lazy rivers at water parks and resorts and loved it. We even floated a lazy river at one resort at night that had bridges...it was very dark and he was just fine. Plus, he'll have his parents and grandparents there. I think we're ok with this decision to go!

I think he'll be just fine!!! Have a great time!!

Last year, I took my 3 boys cave tubing with dot bz. My sons were 11, 7 and 5 at the time. The guides did a great job with them and the boys loved it. There is an official height limit but, apparently, it is not enforced. My youngest son walked past the sign with the height marked and no one said anything to him.

• 2 weeks later...

How much time did u have when u got back to the ship? I really want to book with them for my up coming cruise by I'm so nervous about missing the ship due to the long ride. I would feel safer booking with the cruise lib by it get awful reviews

I know a lot of people worry about this.....but as someone once posted - these businesses need cruise customers and to keep them happy, which is why they get them back to port on time. If they didn't, then they would lose business.

Archived