Marriott Hotel close to Barcelona Cruise Port

Luckyladyh

I saw several Marriott hotels on the website however not knowing where any of them are within the city is a challenge.

Anyone familiar with which of the hotels is the closest to the Cruise Port -maybe the two closest and how far they are?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

I saw several Marriott hotels on the website however not knowing where any of them are within the city is a challenge.

Anyone familiar with which of the hotels is the closest to the Cruise Port -maybe the two closest and how far they are?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

The Renaissance Barcelona and the Hotel Arts are probably the closest to the cruise port.

• 3 weeks later...

We just returned from Barcelona, stayed 3 days pre cruise and 1 day post cruise at the Renaissance. It's close to the port and in a perfect location for seeing all of the major sights in the city. Don't confuse it, though with the Renaissance Fina, which is outside the city proper.

We used Marriott points, plus a small charge to upgrade to an "Executive" room, including wifi and breakfast. I highly recommend that, since wifi is extremely expensive in the hotel. Also, the breakfast is great, a full American buffet.

Enjoy your stay! Barcelona is a beautiful city.

Edited by mooline

• 2 weeks later...

Mooline, how did you get the opportunity to upgrade? We are staying at the Renaissance after our cruise in May, and that upgrade sounds like a great deal! I don't remember seeing anything about an upgrade on the Marriott website.

Thanks!

Mooline, how did you get the opportunity to upgrade? We are staying at the Renaissance after our cruise in May, and that upgrade sounds like a great deal! I don't remember seeing anything about an upgrade on the Marriott website.

Thanks!

AAL, it was offered on the Marriott website when I clicked "Reward Nights." If you don't see it, suggest calling the Marriott Rewards line and asking. It could be a seasonal offer, but never hurts to ask. In case you need the information, our dates of stay were 10/23-26 and again on 11/4.

Hoping for a positive outcome for you!

Edited by mooline

AAL, it was offered on the Marriott website when I clicked "Reward Nights." If you don't see it, suggest calling the Marriott Rewards line and asking. It could be a seasonal offer, but never hurts to ask. In case you need the information, our dates of stay were 10/23-26 and again on 11/4.

Hoping for a positive outcome for you!

+1 for the Renaissance Barcelona. We stayed there in early September, and we'd stay there again with no hesitation!

We booked our four-night stay via the 800 phone number. If you don't have enough points to upgrade your entire stay, we found the folks at the 800 number to be helpful and creative. Our booking was broken into two parts: We used points plus 60 Euros for an executive room for two nights and we paid in full for the remaining two nights. With the different payment methods, our reservation was actually two separate reservations. When we checked in, the staff assured us it would work to avoid our having to move mid-stay and they succeeded. (My husband believes that points for payment were only accepted for weekend nights, but he's less confident of that fact.)

The excellent breakfast buffet is part of the price of an executive room. One morning, my husband ordered an individually prepared omelette that can be part of the buffet. I never bothered with a special-order hot dish since I was perfectly happy with the excellent fruit, cheeses, meats, and breads.

Edited by Pet Nit Noy

Has anyone stayed at the Hotel Arts? We booked it with our points. Haven't seen any reviews on here but lots I'd great reviews elsewhere.

We stayed at the Art Hotel, a few years back, very upscale, we had an ocean view room which was quiet nice. I thought it was a Westin or part of another western hotel chain at the time, not a Marriott.

• 5 months later...