Anyone did the Bacardi tour recently??

trini_ras

It's not boring. It's a nice little tour. You will not see any behind the scenes secrets or operations. You will learn about the history of rum, how it is made and the history of the Bacardi family. You also learn how to make 2-4 of their signature drinks. You will be let off the tram at the entrance of their store. You are not forced to go in. You can catch a cab or go to their pavilion. You get two free drink tickets also.

I was there yesterday. Took the ferry for $.50 each way,then the shuttle $3 each way. At Bacardi the visitor center was closed for maintenance so the tour was thru the old building. Meh, nothing special. The drinks were ok, but she was stingey pourer. An ok tour if you have nothing else planned.

No ships in port on Friday so the streets of OSJ were nice and empty.

Have been here for 5 days and the best bargain is the city bus. We are staying at Embassy Suites in Isla Verde, the T5 bus stop is one block away and the fare is 75 cents one way. Stops at the bus terminal in OSJ. Walking distance to everything in OSJ.

I would like to this while in SJ but I'm wondering if I'll have enough time. I want to take the ferry to & tour Bacardi, ferry back and walk one of the old forts and old town. in port 7 am-3:30 do you think this will be enough time and if anyone has any suggestions they are appreciated :D Thank you!!

• 2 weeks later...
I was wondering if anyone did the Bacardi tour on their own recently?

I would like to get an idea of the cost of transportation to (and from) the factory.

We were there last week. Ferry was 50 cents each way. HOWEVER...The ferry left just as we walked up, so we had to wait about a half hour with a terminal full of yelling school children. Shuttle/taxi was $3 to Bacardi. Taxi was $4 back to ferry. Again had to wait for ferry. So process is quite time consuming.

Wasn't looking for any special products, but they did talk about a rum available there that has limited distribution currently.

We got back just in time to visit the Don Q tasting room next to the CVS just down the street from the piers. You may want to check that out too/instead.

We got back just in time to visit the Don Q tasting room next to the CVS just down the street from the piers. You may want to check that out too/instead.

We've been in San Juan several times but must have missed this.:confused:;) Thanks for the suggestion.:)

We were there last week. Ferry was 50 cents each way. HOWEVER...The ferry left just as we walked up, so we had to wait about a half hour with a terminal full of yelling school children. Shuttle/taxi was $3 to Bacardi. Taxi was $4 back to ferry. Again had to wait for ferry. So process is quite time consuming.

Wasn't looking for any special products, but they did talk about a rum available there that has limited distribution currently.

DW and I have been talking and not sure if we will do the Bacardi tour or not now.:confused:

Regardless, I will drop by the Don Q tasting room! Thanks for the heads up!:D

Anyone? I heard the factory has different looking bottles that you can't get at the average liquor store.

The store had lots of nice little souvenirs. Shot glasses, bottle openers, misc. I was told they had some specialty bottles/fancy boxes that they do not normally sell.