Magic Past Guest Party

spyingeyes

For anyone that has recently sailed on the Magic...what night was the past guest party? Did you go and how was your experience?

I can't remember which night it was, but we went. You have to present your invitation to them as you enter. Waiters walk around with a tray of drinks and you take whatever or tell them what you want. Everything is free. they serve appetizers that were very good. I am picky about what I drink so as I walked in, found a waiter and handed him $5 to get me 2 spicy bloody Marys and 2 Bud Lights. He did and then brought us 2 more of each before we left, LOL. If you are not picky about what you drink then you don't have to go to that much trouble but I knew they would not have bloody mary's on the tray. I thought it was well worth it.

the party will be in the theater and they will show you a slide show of all their fleet and everyone cheers for the ones that they have been on. there was dancing on stage for anyone that wanted to dance to a small orchestra. It is crowded and went very fast. I think they had the Diamond cruisers stand up too. We spoke with one couple that had sailed 75 times with Carnival.

AND they invite 100 guests for a free gift to come on the podium, and the gift is that they have to dance like some fools. Btw I saw some running for their "free" gift and they almost broke their neck..:eek:

Lol, good information, I won't be running

The night it is held depends on which route the ship is going as it's determined by what time you leave a port. Also it's not a "past guest" party it's the VIFP party for gold and above members.

Thanks, we will be doing the Belize, Roatan, Cozumel 7 day cruise in March. I had heard that the party is often scheduled for shortly after we return from one of the ports and I didn't want to miss it. Appreciate the information.

I can't remember which night it was, but we went. You have to present your invitation to them as you enter. Waiters walk around with a tray of drinks and you take whatever or tell them what you want. Everything is free. they serve appetizers that were very good. I am picky about what I drink so as I walked in, found a waiter and handed him $5 to get me 2 spicy bloody Marys and 2 Bud Lights. He did and then brought us 2 more of each before we left, LOL. If you are not picky about what you drink then you don't have to go to that much trouble but I knew they would not have bloody mary's on the tray. I thought it was well worth it.

the party will be in the theater and they will show you a slide show of all their fleet and everyone cheers for the ones that they have been on. there was dancing on stage for anyone that wanted to dance to a small orchestra. It is crowded and went very fast. I think they had the Diamond cruisers stand up too. We spoke with one couple that had sailed 75 times with Carnival.

Thanks very much for your reply! When it comes to free drinks, I'm not picky but good advice on the $5 dollar tip, I'll definitely give that a shot.

On the Grand Cayman route, it is always on the 2nd formal night, Thursday. Usually shortly after sail away. Our last one, They were setting drinks in front of us faster than we could drink them.

That's what I'm talking about!

Archived