Upsell Call

Leaving this Thursday on the Splendor and received a call today from Carnival letting us know they had selected us for a fabulous upgrade from our lido deck balcony to a spa suite for $800 (3 in cabin, one of whom is 3). I was excited to get the call (first one) but politely declined. I'm sure it's a great cabin, but thought the $800 could be better spent elsewhere.

Sailed on the Paradise last Monday. Got a call Wednesday before offering us an upgrade from Rivera Oceanview to Grand Suite for $500 more (4 in cabin). As you did politely declined. Daughter got married Saturday before we left and I still had a few wedding bills to pay. Now if they had offered it to us for the $225 OBC we had I would have jumped on it.

In a lot of cases with their upsell calls, the cost is the same as what you would have paid had you booked that cabin originally. What they're hoping is that you think it's a deal because you already have your original cabin paid for and it's only going to cost you $800. Best bet is to see what the suite or upsell would cost you to begin with.

Leaving this Thursday on the Splendor and received a call today from Carnival letting us know they had selected us for a fabulous upgrade from our lido deck balcony to a spa suite for $800 (3 in cabin, one of whom is 3). I was excited to get the call (first one) but politely declined. I'm sure it's a great cabin, but thought the $800 could be better spent elsewhere.

Oh, lucky you, to be selected. That's a huge cost for an upsell. You made a very wise choice IMHO.

Archived