Late arrival Fort Lauderdale - Good hotel for food and transfer to Port Everglades?

Wellpark

Hi All,

We will not be arriving at Fort Lauderdale Airport until after 10:30pm the night before our cruise.

We are currently booked into the Rennaisance but I am concerned about the late arrival time.

Does anyone have a reccommendation whether this is a good choice or whether there would be a better option.

I have considered staying at an Airport Hotel and transferring to the Port in the morning. My concern is that there will not be much to see or do in the am before going to the Port. I like to go for a run in the mornings and our jetlag will have us up early on our first day!

What we are looking for:

A quick transfer from the airport to hotel due to late arrival.

Food on arrival or nearby due to late arrival (after 11pm) this might be tricky.

Able to go for a run (not a deal breaker) but it would be nice to be in a decent hotel or have nice surroundings to appreciate our first day in Florida.

Somewhere nice for breakfast.

Cheers

Wellpark.

Hi All,

We will not be arriving at Fort Lauderdale Airport until after 10:30pm the night before our cruise.

We are currently booked into the Rennaisance but I am concerned about the late arrival time.

Does anyone have a reccommendation whether this is a good choice or whether there would be a better option.

I have considered staying at an Airport Hotel and transferring to the Port in the morning. My concern is that there will not be much to see or do in the am before going to the Port. I like to go for a run in the mornings and our jetlag will have us up early on our first day!

What we are looking for:

A quick transfer from the airport to hotel due to late arrival.

Food on arrival or nearby due to late arrival (after 11pm) this might be tricky.

Able to go for a run (not a deal breaker) but it would be nice to be in a decent hotel or have nice surroundings to appreciate our f rst day in Florida.

Somewhere nice for breakfast.

Cheers

Wellpark.

The airport is near the Renaissance Hotel.

Duffys which is up the street from your hotel serves late, until either midnight or possibly later. They have great food.

I love to run the 17th Street Bridge to the beach and back.

The Ren. is a nice, well located hotel for your stay. There will be no shuttles to the hotel from FLL but a cab will be only about $15. Not sure if the hotel has a shuttle service to port in A.m. But I'd again use a cab as you are very close to the port.

Yes, you would save on rate by staying at a hotel located closer to the airport. But like you said, most don't have anything nearby like shopping for last min items, restaurants, place to get your run in etc.

Thanks guys,

I'll stick with the booking. I like the sound of running the bridge to the beach. I had spotted this but I was not sure if it had a path for pedestrians.

Thanks for the shout out re Duffy's and helpful comments and encouragement to stick with the plan!

Cheers

Wellpark

Archived