Pride of America San Diego Photos 7/9

smkerry

Pride of America is calling on San Diego today. I'm sure others will post photos, but since we were on a boat in the harbor, I thought I'd post from a different perspective.

It's really neat to see a brand new ship. Even the GPS domes are shiny!

it is neat to see "Honolulu" on the back instead of Liberia, Nassau or Hamilton!

I wonder how long NCL will keep the Meyer Werft logos on the hull?

What is everyone's opinion on the look of this ship? I don't really care for the profile. The photos of the interior and deck areas look very nice, it's just the stubby front and the anchor in the middle of the rear.

POA1

POA2

POA3

POA4

:) Thanks for the pics in of Pride of America in San Diego. The aft picture was so great to see as we have an aft cabin booked for SEpt.24/2005. Looking forward to your review when you get back. Are the rooms as small as everyone is saying?

We live in San Diego and saw her today. What a beauty, biggest ship I ever saw. Wish I was sailing.

Lucky you. My vacation ends today. Tomorrow, it's back to the Surface of the Sun for some enjoyable record breaking temperatures. After a week of 72 degree days, I expect to burst into flames when I get home.

We're staying downtown and my daughter and I walked down Broadway to Harbor this evening to have dinner at Anthony's (not for the food, I have better taste than that). We were there at 7 p.m. as the POA backed away from the B Street pier. There was quite a crowd to see her away.

I didn't have my camera, just my cell phone. But I did use it's feeble camera to snap a photo...

POA.JPG

Great photo, huh?

I agree that the front of the ship is not so attractive, but never noticed it when I was onboard! We took my folks down to see the ship in San Diego after getting off Friday in LA. It was fun to see some of the staff on shore and out of uniform. They are looking forward to going to San Fransico-no passengers! This will give them a chance to take a breath, tweak a few things, and make some plans.

Kristy :)

Archived